Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a good barber in Dundalk.

Options
  • 14-05-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

After many years and many cuts my barber has moved on to bigger and better things so now i'm looking for someone new.

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I always go to Billy Lawless (aka Bucky) when I'm in town.
    Park St, between the BeerKeeper and McCusker's Newsagent.
    You need to go through his sister's wee shop that sells crucifixes and pipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Show off's with your hair !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Can't recommend 'The Works' at Market Square enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I wouldnt really have a "go to" barber. It's simple enough if you are getting short back and sides. Chaplins in Boyds, The Works, Blade FX and even Peter O'Hare lol But if you are willing to spend 3-4 quid more ye cant beat the one in the Marshes for detail and a few nice looking birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

After many years and many cuts my barber has moved on to bigger and better things so now i'm looking for someone new.

Any recommendations ?

Which barber, if I may ask?

I've been going to Andrew McCrave on Anne Street for must be near 20 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

mod9maple wrote: »
    Which barber, if I may ask?

I've been going to Andrew McCrave on Anne Street for must be near 20 years now.
    A girl in a hairdressers who knew how to cut a lads hair.Thats as much as i'l say:pac:.
    No harm to Andrew,went to him once and he didn't know how to handle a 5 blade just snipped the gruaige and me begging for the blade.he is my Dads barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fashion king

Any recommendations ?

Yeah I go to the GRAFTON barber in marshes great haircut and great service the girl there Moya I think her name is used to work in the one on GRAFTON street as went there when I was living in dublin hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

He is my Dad's barber.

Son? :p

I suppose it all depends what you want. I need a simple short back and sides, bit of length off the top, trim the sideburns. Does me rightly. You get a bit of craic out of him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 El Chucko

Girl next to The Punters isn't bad but I haven't been going there long

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hugo boy

The works barbers the chap that own s it is a top barber I'm going to him for years

• Advertisement

The works barbers the chap that own s it is a top barber I'm going to him for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Hugo boy wrote: »

is the works barber any good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I found the works only good for, let's say, a certain age above I fortunately fit in to.

I don't no about that when I'm in you see all age in it young boys trendy teens with that fring flick and older men all age groups

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I don't no about that when I'm in you see all age in it young boys trendy teens with that fring flick and older men all age groups

Do you work there or own it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Heard ya the first time :D

Advertisement