Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Bike fit

Options
  • 14-05-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

6 and a half weeks out from IM Austria
    Have a new TT bike about 7 weeks - all good. didnt get a proper fit when i bought it (i know i know)

any point getting one this close to IM ? (not in pain on the bars or anything and manage to stay down easy enough on the flats - thinking more in terms of ensuring i get maximum power)
    IF so can anyone recommend one (That lad in Swords is booked up until 2020 or somethign ridiculous - her also said it was probably a bit close to IM)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

miller82 wrote: »
    ..... (That lad in Swords is booked up until 2020 or somethign ridiculous)

:D:D Well July I believe...might as well be 2020 says you.

Sorry I cannot recommend anyone as my bike fitter for the last 2 years is in Spain now :( I believe a few here go to Base2Race though so maybe they can give you a recommendation, or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

:D:D Well July I believe...might as well be 2020 says you.

Sorry I cannot recommend anyone as my bike fitter for the last 2 years is in Spain now :( I believe a few here go to Base2Race though so maybe they can give you a recommendation, or not.

ha, exactly.

B2R aint really a runner either. 25th of June is earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

James in Bikefit.ie in Oranmore is who I'm going to now that Fernando is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I would not be changing anything at this stage, the fact you say you are not in pain and can stay in position given current setup i would leave well enough alone. Thats unless you have one of those bike setups as seen on that ST thread with a 1000 spacers up front.:)

I would not be changing anything at this stage, the fact you say you are not in pain and can stay in position given current setup i would leave well enough alone. Thats unless you have one of those bike setups as seen on that ST thread with a 1000 spacers up front.:)

nah nothing like that. i was just thinking about squeezing out a bit more power, but not overly stressed if i don't get one done. comfort is grand and i can hold on it for reasonable amounts of time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

nah nothing like that. i was just thinking about squeezing out a bit more power, but not overly stressed if i don't get one done. comfort is grand and i can hold on it for reasonable amounts of time

Thats all you need for Austria so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Thats all you need for Austria so.

Not quite. Austria is 95% on the bars. if you cannot hold for 4:45-6:45 or whatever then either fix the position or ride a road bike.
    ha, exactly.

B2R aint really a runner either. 25th of June is earliest.

Where are you based?

hhhmmm, i'll struggle to hold that long i reckon. i sure as sh11t aint chnaging to my road bike

Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Go to kinetixproducts.com in Sandyford for a Retul bike fit, I had one done last month and very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

I've heard that Aidan Hammond based in Kilmacanogue is meant to be excellent. Going to head down to him myself once my TT bike arrives.

• Advertisement

d4r3n wrote: »
    Go to kinetixproducts.com in Sandyford for a Retul bike fit, I had one done last month and very pleased with it.

225 quid :0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Ceepo

dited wrote: »
    I've heard that Aidan Hammond based in Kilmacanogue is meant to be excellent.

2nd that

Ceepo wrote: »
    2nd that

Trying to get hold of him. Mobile number seems wrong/disconnected and the landline keeps ringing out

Trying to get hold of him. Mobile number seems wrong/disconnected and the landline keeps ringing out

Have an email for him somewhere. Will have a route for it. will pm you tomorrow.

Pm sent there bud

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

In my day........

Why don't you get an experienced club mate or friend to look at it?

Advertisement