Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advertising B&B online

Options
  • 14-05-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I run a small bed and breakfast and i'm tying to figure out the best ways to advertise online to increase business.
    Has anyone any advise on the best ways to do this?.... I have a small budget to spend so am looking for the best way to spend it.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There's a good article in last Sunday Times's business section on this exact subject if you can get hold of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

That really depends on a load of factors, like where you are located?, what are you near ( attractions/factories/hospitals etc etc)? Are you competing with local hotels? what is the local B&B competition?, why do people visit your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

First things first, do you have a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

yes i have a website but a very basic one..... the b&b is based in a south east town....one hotel but a few more B&B's.... I know with the recession things have calmed down quite a bit so was looking for ideas on how to increase an online presence....

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

You should create an entry on https://www.airbnb.com/
    It's getting more popular in Ireland.

Try and get it on tripadvisor too. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

not sure about tripadvisor steve. seems to me no matter how good the hotel/b&b you have there are always some really bad reviews on that. its open to abuse from competitors with no actual justification. basically competitors or begrudgers can post even if they havent stayed

You are competing locally with one hotel and a few other B&Bs, so what features or advantages have you got to create a USP that you can market to gain competitive advantage?
    It is much easier and effective to hang your promotion around such a core point. You can then upgrade your website but you still need to market and promote the website to generate traffic. You could offer free accommodation but if nobody sees the site, nobody would book!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

OP, if you'd like to PM me your site I can have a look and make some recommendations, and give you a bit of advice on what your advertising options are.

Cianos wrote: »
    OP, if you'd like to PM me your site I can have a look and make some recommendations, and give you a bit of advice on what your advertising options are.

very generous of you Cianos!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tabnabs wrote: »
    There's a good article in last Sunday Times's business section on this exact subject if you can get hold of it.

Got a copy here if you want it, PM me your address and I'll post it. The article was written to publicise a workshop Failte Ireland is running for B&B Owners on May 21 called Connectivity on the Move. Details here.....

http://www.failteireland.ie/Training-Workshops/Web-Check-conference,-connectivity-on-the-move.aspx#searchtext=&

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

gowley wrote: »
    not sure about tripadvisor steve. seems to me no matter how good the hotel/b&b you have there are always some really bad reviews on that. its open to abuse from competitors with no actual justification. basically competitors or begrudgers can post even if they havent stayed

I wasn't referring to reviews, I was referring to the ability to reserve over tripadvisor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

thesteve wrote: »
    I wasn't referring to reviews, I was referring to the ability to reserve over tripadvisor :)
    my point was if you go to reserve on tripadvisor you look at the reviews and they are open to competitors slagging the place off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Loris.N

Hi Jobless,

Create accounts on social networks (i.e Twitter & Facebook) and share informations, prices, pictures of your home and maybe renters.
    Manage your community and your fans will become your customers.

There is a lot of B&B examples on Facebook, Might you can follow them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Arjuna4

go online and try to find out all of your competitors and their business tact to improve the business..
    if you have a business online website than it can be more helpful to increase business rates..

Advertisement