Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card Problem?

Options
  • 14-05-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

I have recently upgraded to a HDMI Graphics Card. I have a new big screen lcd monitor.

After installing it and loading the drivers, I am a little surprised by the picture quality.
    Case in point - > th_43588_Filesgraphics1_123_578lo.jpg

All text on files/folders and online has this strange fuzzy appearance with a white background/shadow?

So is this a driver problem, is my monitor at fault or what can I do to rectify the problem.

Using my onboard VGA graphics, at full HD res, the picture quality is crisp/clear and really quite amazing. So what is up with the hd connection?
    I've tried different HDMI cables and have tested my PC on other hd tvs/monitors and it still has the same strange fuzzy appearance with a white background/shadow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

That image links to a video about attracting women !! Thanks but I don't need any help in that department ;)

Ken

Something to remember when doing a screen grab - you're capturing the image that's in memory - not what you see on the screen. The image you link to appears fine (once the video was stopped ).

Is it possible you're not supplying the TV with it's native resolution ? Also disable any and all enhancements the TV offers. these usually take the form of edge sharpening (what you describe sounds like this), dynamic contrast and refresh upgrades.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭maik3n

ZENER wrote: »
    Something to remember when doing a screen grab - you're capturing the image that's in memory - not what you see on the screen. The image you link to appears fine (once the video was stopped ).

Is it possible you're not supplying the TV with it's native resolution ? Also disable any and all enhancements the TV offers. these usually take the form of edge sharpening (what you describe sounds like this), dynamic contrast and refresh upgrades.

Ken
    Having just viewed this thread and subsequently the picture in my OP, on my laptop, I've just realised that my screen grab does appear fine.

This image should give you a better idea of my problem 9244471_bigthumb.jpg

I've tried a dvi-hdmi adapter also and it still gives me the same fuzzy, shadowy picture.
    It seems strange that going back to onboard VGA graphics gives me a much clearer picture.

Have you tried my suggestions to turn off all picture enhancement features on the TV ? To me it looks like edge sharpening is being used or some form of enhancement feature.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Have you tried my suggestions to turn off all picture enhancement features on the TV ? To me it looks like edge sharpening is being used or some form of enhancement feature.

Ken
    I can't seem to locate any options that would apply. If they were activated anyways, wouldn't that affect things across the board rather than just on HDMI?

I have tweaked and fiddled and reset my tv to factory options countless times with a view to solving the problem.
    I have even installed the card on a WIN8 system, on a spare HDD from scratch.

The problem sadly still remains.

I guess my tv just can't accommodate the res or the graphics card is at fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What resolution is the tv and what do you have the pc set to?

BloodBath wrote: »
    What resolution is the tv and what do you have the pc set to?
    Screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.
    PC VGA/Hdmi signal defaults to 1920 x 1080p at 60hz, but the tv can apparently only run 50hz so I usually change it.

However it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to the fuzziness/white shadow issue. :o

Advertisement