Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Laptop - Hire Purchase or Credit

Options
  • 14-05-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Hi folks - as the title suggests - I am looking for a new laptop and cant afford to buy it straight out so what are my options?

I have never had to buy anything by hire purchase before so what should i be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I know Dell do hire purchase. Its pretty quick approval and is over a 2 or 3 year period.

You pay 10% of the advertised price up front and then installments there after.

What you need to look at is how much interest you're going to pay. I think the guys that do it for Dell (some finance company in the UK i think) charge 20 or 21%.

So you'll be paying 20 odd percentage over the actual price for the comfort of paying in installments.

Ps. If you're going with Dell, look around for discount codes, there's loads of 10% ones floating around the internet/boards.

Advertisement