Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unused appliances

Options
  • 14-05-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Have two fridges and a washing machine for the scrap heap. Anyone know if there's a scrap metal yard or the likes that collect in the Clondalkin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭rgfuller

If you can move them yourself (or don't mind paying for a collection) Recycle It! based locally would be your best bet - http://www.recycleit.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Have no way of moving them meself and am not planning on paying for collection. I was hoping a scrap merchant would find value in them and take them away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Marsden wrote: »
    I was hoping a scrap merchant would find value in them and take them away for free.

There's no value in them. So nobody will collect them for free. Except the council :)

See the link from rgfuller. You can request a free area collection. Try convince your neighbours to put in a request too and it might very well be arranged at some point. Could take a few months though or even longer...

Just found someone on gumtree who'll take the washing machine but his add says he only takes working fridges:(. Looks like I'll have to dump it in the canal so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just found someone on gumtree who'll take the washing machine but his add says he only takes working fridges:(. Looks like I'll have to dump it in the canal so.

No way of moving them but you can dump them in the canal:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No way of moving them but you can dump them in the canal:rolleyes:

Live beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Consider it a friendly warning,no more posts like this in this forum. You've been given a number of options,illegally dumping it in the canal shouldn't be one of them.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Consider it a friendly warning,no more posts like this in this forum. You've been given a number of options,illegally dumping it in the canal shouldn't be one of them.

Ah lighten up, I'm not really planning on dumping it, I wouldn't bother asking on boards if I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Have two fridges and a washing machine for the scrap heap. Anyone know if there's a scrap metal yard or the likes that collect in the Clondalkin area?

If you're buying a new fridge/washing machine, then the likes of Power City have to accept your old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

There is an WEEE place in Park West near the Kylemore Park entrance, other wise the likes of Power City and DID must take them whether you purchase there or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement