Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Wigan *Premier League* Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Second half should be good - both teams have to go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Great free kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Complacency and now Wigan get the equalizer.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Best episode of the Mike Dean show I've seen all season.

Second half will be more of the same unless the pitch magically dries up.
    This will be a late winner, Wigan may want it more.
    Arsenal very sloppy and don't look like they believe, too much sitting back.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

8738346229_d52fe90fd0_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sagna couldn't cross his legs. Very poor this season. Arteta giving away too many frees.

Don't worry we will still win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Come on wigan i really hope they stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That was never a free kick, he didn't give a free to Cazorla for an identical tackle on him, baldy tramp that Mike Dean is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Podolski should have jumped.

He either needs to give both frees or neither , bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That really is a disgrace from Dean it's shocking that he was given this game he has always been the same, to wave on Cazorla foul and give Maloney just off the 18

Commentator on 5 live says that Arsenal have only won 1/15 that Dean has refereed ...... not looking good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Corvo wrote: »
    Vincent Kompany says hello

Not this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Feel like Arsenal should of been more attacking there.

Think Chamberlain should be put on, maybe drop Walcott into more central role with Pod too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

well taken free. F**King Mike Dean. But we've only ourselves to blame. We're miles better than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Commentator on 5 live says that Aresnal have only won 1/15 that Dean has refereed ...... not looking good at all.

Yep and the next team has won 8 out of 15.

So with dean, we have 1from 15 and the next has 8 from 15, seriously something dodgy there

Sagna couldn't cross his legs. Very poor this season. Arteta giving away too many frees.

Don't worry we will still win this.

It was never a free kick, and if players took a leaf from Artetas book, Wigan wouldn't be getting any time on the ball at all.
    I've seen nothing that shows we are giving it everything, not so confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Arsenal can feel very hard done-by there.

Debatable foul on Cazorla. It's a foul all day long in almost any other country. Dean has interpreted that Cazorla has gone down easy. Fair enough. Most would whistle it up, but Dean has decided to be more permissive.

Then Maloney basically leans into Arteta and falls over. Not a foul in anyone's book. Much less a ref who seems to have laid down a marker that a player isn't going to be rewarded for going down easy.

Poor refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not this season.

Best defence in the league? Nastasic has also been just as good.

Ferdinand too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I really wish Niall Quinn would stop.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I wonder if it would be better to watch the game with the commentators muted. . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Podolski is offering nothing, should be taken off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Missed the Wigan goal but......yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Last 18 games with Dean. Won 1.

I'm not big on conspiracies and it's probably fluke, but calls like that doesn't help him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Corvo wrote: »
    Vincent Kompany says hello

Close second to Koscielny, 2 great defenders but our lad just edges it threw his ability to read the game.

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    Podolski is offering nothing, should be taken off

Hate to say it but I agree, my worry is if he cannot play CF, what use have we for him apart from super sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

If I post what I actually think of Mike Dean on here ill be banned but suffice to say he has a face you'd never get sick of bating.

Anyways, not good enough from us, we needed to press home the early advantage and didn't. We'll see what they're made of in the 2nd half.

Watched the Maloney incident again.

There's really no other word for it than a dive. In many ways even more sneaky than what we would think of as a traditional dive.

Not a case of going down easy imo. Just leans, leans, leans and falls over, immediately claiming a freekick when he must know he's conning the ref.

cson wrote: »
    If I post what I actually think of Mike Dean on here ill be banned but suffice to say he has a face you'd never get sick of bating.

Anyways, not good enough from us, we needed to press home the early advantage and didn't. We'll see what they're made of in the 2nd half.

I think some of our boys are on their holidays already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Second half will be more of the same unless the pitch magically dries up.
    This will be a late winner, Wigan may want it more.
    Arsenal very sloppy and don't look like they believe, too much sitting back.

Have to agree. I missed the first 15 min but for the next five we looked great. After the 20 min mark we sat back. Got sloppy and we could all see what was about to happen

• Advertisement

Stupid ****ing arsenal fan mentality, a loss is better so Sunderland play well......the mind boggles.
    Put it out of our hands, good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Stupid ****ing arsenal fan mentality, a lose is better so Sunderland play well......the mind boggles.

Can you blame us? We clearly can't rely on the players to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Maloney you diving tart

We need to take control of the game.

Good save from Woj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good save... Jaysus.

****ing hell. Need to wake up. Schez keeping us in it there. **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

If it's not a foul in the box then it's a booking for diving surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Obviously no kick in the arse from Wenger at half-time. Dire stuff from Arsenal so far. Time for a few subs already. Even Gervinho might do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was only half listening to the commentary, did I hear them saying it would suit Arsenal better if they drew or lost this game?

Can you blame us? We clearly can't rely on the players to do the job.

So why support the team then?
    Saying you find a loss acceptable to affect results somewhere else is delusional and it can translate on to the pitch, which is probably why we can't rely on them.

• Advertisement

Stupid ****ing arsenal fan mentality, a loss is better so Sunderland play well......the mind boggles.
    Put it out of our hands, good man.

Though it kind of actually makes sense if you look at the table!

Sunderland only have something to play for if Wigan win, and Arsenal with superior GD will take 4th if Spurs fail to win and Arsenal beat Newcastle.

I get the logic that a loss could be interpreted better than a draw.

Ah so close!

Obviously no kick in the arse from Wenger at half-time. Dire stuff from Arsenal so far. Time for a few subs already. Even Gervinho might do something.

I'd bring him on for pod. Got lucky again there with the offside goal.

Need to put our foot on the ball and hold possession or 5 minutes. Don't want an end to end game like its becomming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

arsenal look rattled, wenger man up and take off that caterpillar jacket.

So why support the team then?
    Saying you find a loss acceptable to affect results somewhere else is delusional and it can translate on to the pitch, which is probably why we can't rely on them.

Nobody is saying that they want a loss ffs, it's just a funny quirk that there is the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Come on Wigan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I don't know bout anyone else, but I'm bricking it here. Can barely take this, strong stuff :D

Both teams have to win so it could be a great finalé!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sagna is a liability today and Walcott isn't really helping on that side either. This is extremely painful viewing.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Though it kind of actually makes sense if you look at the table!

Sunderland only have something to play for if Wigan win, and Arsenal with superior GD will take 4th if Spurs fail to win and Arsenal beat Newcastle.

I get the logic that a loss could be interpreted better than a draw.

So just support Sunderland then lol, don't get it myself, relying on another club to keep us in 4th place while the game is only at HT, I could understand saying it if we lose at the end of the game, but at HT?while we are drawing???? :pac:
    And this is the team we will have next season BtW, if you can't expect a win now, when do you think we can?
    This is a cup game for us, or rather it should be, fans & players alike

Advertisement