Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Wigan *Premier League* Match Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Tyler and Quinn are embarrassing themselves here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DAVE WHELAN BROKE HIS LEG KLAXON!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Rekop dog wrote: »
    First time a player has got 4 assists this season. Well played Santi easily the standout player out there tonight.

And someone (a Spurs supporter?) said he was playing muck earlier, ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

First time a player has got 4 assists this season. Well played Santi easily the standout player out there tonight.

and our last since Cesc vs Blackburn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

are they down yet? are they down yet, oh please let them be down ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Glad he's my FF captain so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I am seriously relieved. we need to carry this firepower into the last game and boom its my favourite day of the year

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I am seriously relieved. we need to carry this firepower into the last game and boom its my favourite day of the year

Newcastle will give all Arsenal players a ball each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That_Guy wrote: »

Again Newcastle will be no push-overs for sure.
    Remember West Ham v Man Utd the year Blackburn won the EPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

It's a pity that the FA cup winners don't get a guard of honour. Would be hard on Arsenal - giving two in the same season!

• Advertisement

Yup, we have nowt to play for and are delighted Arsenal send that lot down, ...:D

Usually I wouldn't really mind Wigan staying up but I'm kinda glad they're gone given the way they handled the McManaman tackle on Haidara earlier in the season.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

685e9ed1fa22ba72caf38c59f3fea0f6.png

Woe is me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK its still in our hands with an outside chance of third if Chelsea mess up :)

Usually I wouldn't really mind Wigan staying up but I'm kinda glad they're gone given the way they handled the McManaman tackle on Haidara earlier in the season.

Most of us feel that way, deffo after Whelans comments and Wigans refusal to aknowledge the natureof the challange on Haidara ... Good ridance!

Great stuff to get the win, and improve the goal difference too!:pac:

Feel sorry for Wigan. Would have liked them to stay up ideally. Still, I reckon they'll have a good squad to come back up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Delighted tbh. Been a thorn in our side and I don't want to see them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Part 1 of job done, Part 2 to be done this weekend.

Have to beat Newscastle, and if Chelsea draw, then we can claim third by GD. Need a 2 goal advantage for that to happen, let's really go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Yeah because that tackle was deserving of relegation!

Unlucky Wigan will be a loss to the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

was a dreadful tackle.

I wouldn't be taking Newcastle for granted, i'll be sh1tting a brick on Sunday. But I think we're capable of the win since we really need it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Di Santo has played two games for Argentina this year. This will always baffle me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How are wigan gonna celebrate the fa cup win now?? Yea we won the cup ah crap we got relegated thats gonna be a strange party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

We won with Mike Dean as ref :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's the situation with the 15:00 Arsenal kick off? PL website says they're all at 16:00, but Sky Sports just said Arsenal at 15:00?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What's the situation with the 15:00 Arsenal kick off? PL website says they're all at 16:00, but Sky Sports just said Arsenal at 15:00?

Coverage starting at 3 maybe?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It's all kicking off at 4. Sky bloating things that's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

How many Wigan fans would swap winning the FA Cup and playing in Europe for another season in the Premier League?

Neither of them

Not sure why Martinez gets so much praise? His team has spent one week out of the bottom three in the last two years.

Soups123 wrote: »

Their deplorable behaviour(McMannamam refusing to issue any kind of apology, Martinez acting like it wasn't a bad tackle then gettting tits up when one of his players was subjected to a similar tackle and then Dave Whealans ridiculous comments) didn't win my heart.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Wigan.

Soups123 wrote: »

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Their deplorable behaviour(McMannamam refusing to issue any kind of apology, Martinez acting like it wasn't a bad tackle then gettting tits up when one of his players was subjected to a similar tackle and then Dave Whealans ridiculous comments) didn't win my heart.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Wigan.

That!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've always liked Martin Tyler. Not any more. Let himself down there tonight. Big time.

I've always liked Martin Tyler. Not any more. Let himself down there tonight. Big time.

Himself and Quinn were an embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

what did he say?

Quite bitterly kept going on about how Wigan have spent 8 years in the premier league and have won a trophy, while Arsenal have won nothing. Numerous times he said it. Then started going on about Wengers 'Championship' win of 4th every year and snickering. That's just the jist of it really - he went in and on.

Very disappointing from a professional commentator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Quite bitterly kept going on about how Wigan have spent 8 years in the premier league and have won a trophy, while Arsenal have won nothing. Numerous times he said it. Then started going on about Wengers 'Championship' win of 4th every year and snickering. That's just the jist of it really - he went in and on.

Very disappointing from a professional commentator.

What pissed me off was him saying how it's a shame Arsenal can't put a champions league top 4 spot on the cup strip in the stadium instead of actual cups.

Absolutely trolling.

Yeah, very sarcastic from him. All the eulogising about Wigan as if they were an outstanding team was sickening.

They are relegated because they are a poor team. End of story. I'll shed no tears. Must admit that I'd prefer if it had been Stoke though....

I wonder how many signatures it'd take to remove Niall Quinn from our TVs forever. He is a truly awful commentator who brings nothing of value to a broadcast.

Isn't martin Tyler an arsenal fan?

Apparently so......but he definitely didn't show it tonight if he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Not sure why Martinez gets so much praise? His team has spent one week out of the bottom three in the last two years.

Well he did just win a cup with a very small club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

inmyday wrote: »
    Well he did just win a cup with a very small club.

So did Alex mcleish.

So did Alex mcleish.

And he is a very good manager also. He has trophies with Bermingham n rangers.
    Although the Villa job was madness, should have never went there, he never had a chance there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

And he is a very good manager also. He has trophies with Bermingham n rangers.
    Although the Villa job was madness, should have never went there, he never had a chance there.

:pac:

:pac:

Great argument. Look it up and see what he has done in his managerial career.... Other than villa. He is good. Villa was a joke. And I still dont understand what happened at forest, 2months, wouldnt even count it...

But with footie fans they way they are, like you, a manager wont get a chance, sack em all!!!

Great argument. Look it up and see what he has done in his managerial career.... Other than villa. He is good. Villa was a joke. And I still dont understand what happened at forest, 2months, wouldnt even count it...

But with footie fans they way they are, like you, a manager wont get a chance, sack em all!!!
    Was he not manager of Birmingham when they got relegated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No, just sack the **** ones like McLeish. Well done he won a Carling cup and got his team relegated - for the second time. Brilliant manager. What he won in Scotland with Rangers is irrelevant. Even I would have won titles up there with Rangers back then.

Was he not manager of Birmingham when they got relegated?

Yeah. After the cup win, the next couple of months were awful... Still a good manager though, and he has trophies to prove it.

Yeah. After the cup win, the next couple of months were awful... Still a good manager though, and he has trophies to prove it.
    I see.

Advertisement