Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

size of jpegs

Options
  • 14-05-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Why are jpg photo files so much smaller if you go to pictures and right click/send to email recipient than if you drag and drop from pictures folder to the email program?

Comments

I think it's a bug in Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail. When you send the message, the attachment is the original size and not the size listed when you compose the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Karsini wrote: »
    I think it's a bug in Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail. When you send the message, the attachment is the original size and not the size listed when you compose the message.
    it is windows mail I have not live mail. This old thread refers to MIME encoding and is similar issue but i do not see MIME extensions as mentioned here

LoveCoke wrote: »
    it is windows mail I have not live mail. This old thread refers to MIME encoding and is similar issue but i do not see MIME extensions as mentioned here
    Irrelevant. All three are based off the same code.

Irrelevant. All three are based off the same code.
    when i send it does not reduce size as you say

LoveCoke wrote: »
    when i send it does not reduce size as you say

Yeah, it's just the size in the compose window that's incorrect. The size of the file isn't actually changed when it's received on the other end. As I said, it must be a bug. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's just the size in the compose window that's incorrect. The size of the file isn't actually changed when it's received on the other end. As I said, it must be a bug. :)
    that is interesting:) i will send to myself and see what happens

No. The file is 1.4MB. When dragged into window mail it arrives as 1.4 MB
    When it is sent from pictures by right click it is 95 Kb. I realise now you can choose the size when right click/send to email recipient is chosen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement