Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OZ help

Options
  • 14-05-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

hi all

im really thinking about going to oz for work , i went on a holiday about 2 years ago and loved it traveled all round etc .

im 29 now im a fully qualified mechanic with about 9 years in the trade . i really would like to make some good money and dont mind working for it.
    im sick of the really bad pay im getting here and thinking of heading mid June that's possible whit visas etc .

im not sure what visas to go for a whv maybe and were is the cheapest place to get the visas
    were to head too in oz for my skills
    even were to get the best flights etc
    or can book all the above whit a said company etc

my home internet is not working at the minute so im just on my phone not great for searching the net

any help would be great
    thanks neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

nigwerwig wrote: »
    hi all

im really thinking about going to oz for work , i went on a holiday about 2 years ago and loved it traveled all round etc .

im 29 now im a fully qualified mechanic with about 9 years in the trade . i really would like to make some good money and dont mind working for it.
    im sick of the really bad pay im getting here and thinking of heading mid June that's possible whit visas etc .

im not sure what visas to go for a whv maybe and were is the cheapest place to get the visas
    were to head too in oz for my skills
    even were to get the best flights etc
    or can book all the above whit a said company etc

my home internet is not working at the minute so im just on my phone not great for searching the net

any help would be great
    thanks neil

Just go on a working holiday visa. Apply for it through the australian immigration website www.immi.gov.au. it should be granted within 48 hours. Do you have experience as a diesel mechanic or just light vehicles. Diesel mechanics are well paid and sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

aido79 wrote: »
    Just go on a working holiday visa. Apply for it through the australian immigration website www.immi.gov.au. it should be granted within 48 hours. Do you have experience as a diesel mechanic or just light vehicles. Diesel mechanics are well paid and sought after.

Yes I'm a general mechanic /fitter I work on all types of engine's etc mostly diesels now
    I will just have a good read of that site before the weekend lots of info in there

Thanks for the reply

Advertisement