Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saudi Arabia-specific questions for those who have lived there

Options
  • 14-05-2013 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Myself and my family (2 young kids of pre-school age) are considering moving there soon. Hubby got a great offer that we would be silly on the face of it to refuse.

I was wondering if anyone who has lived there could give me some answers to the following questions:

1. What is the healthcare system like? Is it free? Is it any good?

2. What are the compounds like to live in?

3. Can foreign women drive over there? My concern would be that if the children needed a doctor or needed to go to hospital but my husband is at work..how do I bring them if (a) I am not allowed drive and (b) I can only be in a car with my husband???!!

4. Is there any hope of me getting a job as a woman out there?

5. Are the schools in the compounds generally any good or are they to a particular system of education-I.e. American, English system etc.

6. What is life like in general for young families living out there in a compound setting?

Many thanks.

Comments

Advertisement