Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin dead

Options
  • 14-05-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

:(my 405 has gone the way of many other 405s and from research they seem to be quite expensive to repair, so has anyone any recommendations to offer for a replacement ,the garmin fr 70 looks like good value any one on here using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You know the FR70 is a non-GPS watch? It uses a foot-pod (similar to a pedometer/accelerometer). The FR10 seems to be a popular entry-level GPS based watch, if that's what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

curraghyid wrote: »
    :(my 405 has gone the way of many other 405s and from research they seem to be quite expensive to repair, so has anyone any recommendations to offer for a replacement ,the garmin fr 70 looks like good value any one on here using it?

How long have you had it? I've mine since March 2009 with about 4,600 miles logged and it packed up this week. I would have expected to get a bit longer out of it than 4 years. The watch will not turn on at all, and with it on the charging clip, it reads "100 % complete" with the correct date and time shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KillerD

Hi Nosnagaithe,

I had this problem before with a 405 and 305. When you are using the charging clip is it with a PC or through a USB connection to a power socket? If the memory in the watch is full it will no longer switch on so try downloading your data to the PC and deleting some history from the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

KillerD wrote: »
    Hi Nosnagaithe,

I had this problem before with a 405 and 305. When you are using the charging clip is it with a PC or through a USB connection to a power socket? If the memory in the watch is full it will no longer switch on so try downloading your data to the PC and deleting some history from the watch.

I am using the clip through a socket - it had been telling me the memory was full recently and I understood I had cleared it out. I'll try download everything tonight and clear it out again. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

How long have you had it? I've mine since March 2009 with about 4,600 miles logged and it packed up this week. I would have expected to get a bit longer out of it than 4 years. The watch will not turn on at all, and with it on the charging clip, it reads "100 % complete" with the correct date and time shown?

I have it about 3 years, it's always been temperamental , backlight stopped after 16 months and I have regularly gone out on runs with "100%" charge and it would go blank.

Tried to delete history and that has made no difference, new gr10 ordered hopefully it fairs better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

curraghyid wrote: »
    I have it about 3 years, it's always been temperamental , backlight stopped after 16 months and I have regularly gone out on runs with "100%" charge and it would go blank.

Tried to delete history and that has made no difference, new gr10 ordered hopefully it fairs better

Hi Curraghyid,

PM sent,

Thanks

Advertisement