Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC wireless saab bell box leds

Options
  • 14-05-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi I have a HKC wireless alarm fitted with a wireless SAAB external bell.
    This bell has leds but I would like to know when these light.
    i.e. all the time
    only when set
    only when alarm has activated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Did you fit the system yourself or did a company install it for you ?
    They can be set to flash every 5 seconds. But they are probably turned off . It's best to only have them flash every 5 seconds when you have the extra battery pack installed as the battery's will run down . With the extra battery pack the life is extended to 3 years .
    The LEDs will strobe for an alarm condition and the center led will flash while the panel is in engineer mode .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

They are off by default. Most installers don't turn them on because it will dramatically decrease the life of the battery.

The strobe LED's turn on when there's an activation regardless of the settings of the blinking LED's.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Thanks for replys.I installed it myself.Only battery fitted is the one that came with it.2 for alarm and 3 for communication Not rechargable.
    I think I will leave them off now too to save battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Remember, you can power the bell locally with a 12vdc power supply and you can then turn on the LEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

I'd set the strobe time to 5 mins and the external bell ringing time to 5 mins as well. If you don't change these then the strobe will flash all day if you have an activation and this could use up the battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement