Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any mature students find their memory is terrible when returning to university?

Options
  • 14-05-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm just wondering if any mature students returned to uni or college after a few years out and found they had a hard time retaining all the information or struggling with exams in general?

The reason I ask is that I have returned to Uni to finish my engineering degree after 7 years out, I'm in the middle of exams for my 2 year (1st year back) and same as last semester I'm really struggling to regurgitate all the info iv done throughout a semester or even over a week of study, questions I could have done 5 or 6 times, I'm just forgetting when I sit into an exam or leave without looking at it for anything more than a few days.

Never had this problem before in college. Yes il admit the maths has taken some getting use to again and the physics along with it but didnt think my memory would be so bad.

Anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I think memory is like a muscle, the more you train and use it the better it gets. There are plenty of books on mind mapping and memory tricks, if you look I'm sure you'll find something that will be of help. I'm 30 years out so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!

Advertisement