Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic SU-HTB550 No support for DTS HD MA stereo

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A few weeks ago I got the Panasonic HTB550 2.1 soundbar system,

I was pretty happy with it untill I tried to play a Blu Ray with DTS HD MA Stereo, and it's silent.

I checked other BD and they are fine, in fact the sound plays in the menu of this one that doesn't have sound.

A quick search on google revealed it doesn't support DTS HD MA ??

Seriously ??

this is quite a new model, surely it could "downgrade" the audio, it is HDMI signal after all .

IS this a popular sound track on BluRays ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

And to make it even more confusing , I have other BD's that have DTS HD Master Audio, that work fine,

Is there a difference between DTS HD MA Stereo , and DTS HD Master Audio ?

I presume the MA is Master - but audio and stereo surely couldn't be the difference between working and not working, perhaps it's the disc...
    Its "Wonders of Life" BBC series on BluRay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

H ,
    I was thinking of a potential solution to this , )It's strange the way it doesn't support DTS HD Master stereo
    when it does support DTS HD Master Multi ?)

But anyway, I have the Panasonic DMP BD80 player and it has it's own 7.1 audio encoding,
    If i get an optical cable and connect them, it should work ? see images below

My only worry is that the output for the receiver is TV/BD/DVD/Aux1/Aux2 etc ... so for this to work
    it would need to be on BD/DVD and Aux2 at once ? and I don't know if this is possible.

BD DMP BD80
    8747253288_1ccce2c733_c.jpg

receiver (Panasonic HTB550)
    8747253278_e8ba4c09b4_c.jpg

Advertisement