Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help wiring a box to hold CD players?

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Not sure if this should be in this section or not, but I'm looking to hardwire a CDJ flight case. The guys at Swanflight don't wire them (maybe for safety reasons) but they say it can be done with simple bits available from Maplins or any other hardware store.

It has to hold 3 units, 2 CD players and 1 Mixer. The 2 cd players are supplied using 2 core removable cables, the mixer is already hardwired with 2 core cable but that will be easy to cut and work with.

What I want is to feed the three units with one cable going out to the socket! I know others have done it, I just don't want to risk burning the place down!

A junction box or some form of splitter will have to be used, I'd just rather leave the recommendations to people who can advise correctly! :)

Any suggestions on how to wire it would be appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement