Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can banks see my savings in another bank

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

I'm wondering if the banks have access to other banks accounts. I have some savings in AIB but haven't declared it to boi where I currently have a mortgage

Should I move it to the post office. I'm afraid that they will ask for me to put it against my mortgage

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Hi

I'm wondering if the banks have access to other banks accounts. I have some savings in AIB but haven't declared it to boi where I currently have a mortgage

Should I move it to the post office. I'm afraid that they will ask for me to put it against my mortgage

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

BOI have no access to AIB savings a/c's

• Registered Users Posts: 18 apelstrudel

Hi killer,

Thanks for your reply.

What about current accounts? Have any banks access to other banks accounts.

Would AIB have access to An post accounts as they partner with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi killer,

Thanks for your reply.

What about current accounts? Have any banks access to other banks accounts.

Would AIB have access to An post accounts as they partner with them.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

chris85 wrote: »
    No

Be warned

• Registered Users Posts: 82,561 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

faolteam wrote: »
    Be warned

With a court order they would, otherwise not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

faolteam wrote: »
    Be warned

No they dont. The bank have a duty to report suspicious transactions due to money laundering legislation. Or with a court order they can get a look at the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

With a court order they would, otherwise not.

It would be hard to see what standing one bank would have to access a customer's records in another account unless there was some sort of bankruptcy in which case the person wouldn't be in charge of his own accounts anyway. Maybe a contested court action?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

banks dont seem to be able to look after their own customers never mind wanting or needing to look into other banks customers

Advertisement