Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 3 Results

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:14pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Raiders @ Titans]
    Titans receive

TD Jason Avant, Raiders punt
    DHB drops the first pass aimed at him!
    Tommie Campbell picks of a pass
    DHB TD!
    cookie makes a good catch
    George Wilson goes down with a broken jaw!

Timely sack and it pushes the Raiders just outside of FG range

Titans punt and then force a 3 and out, but a pass to DHB turns into a pick 6
    Teams trade possesions. Raiders punt.. downed at the 1!

DHB takes a monster catch to the 7, Williams TD
    Raiders kick a FG after the Titans blow coverage

HT and Titans up by 11, Raiders receive

Raiders get a great drive going
    Michael Griffin.. well what an int, the ball falls lose but its picked just before the ground and Griffins makes a few yards
    Titans have to settle for 3

10-24 Titans inside the 4th
    Raiders get it to the 1.. TD!

Titans at midfield but get stopped at 4th and 1... a 1st down wins the game... C2J nailed in the back field
    Raiders ball with 1:38 left!
    Titans blow coverage an its a cookie TD
    Titans throw a pick.. they let it go for 6, 48 seconds left
    Titans go deep left... .its picked off!

and that is game!

Good game Raiders, I escaped so many picks with Locker and in large part that was down to your DBs not paying attention, you were worth the win.

In the battle of the trades, DHB gets 160 odd yards and Cookie gets 60 or so and the game tying TD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders @ Titans]
    Titans receive

TD Jason Avant, Raiders punt
    DHB drops the first pass aimed at him!
    Tommie Campbell picks of a pass
    DHB TD!
    cookie makes a good catch
    George Wilson goes down with a broken jaw!

Timely sack and it pushes the Raiders just outside of FG range

Titans punt and then force a 3 and out, but a pass to DHB turns into a pick 6
    Teams trade possesions. Raiders punt.. downed at the 1!

DHB takes a monster catch to the 7, Williams TD
    Raiders kick a FG after the Titans blow coverage

HT and Titans up by 11, Raiders receive

Raiders get a great drive going
    Michael Griffin.. well what an int, the ball falls lose but its picked just before the ground and Griffins makes a few yards
    Titans have to settle for 3

10-24 Titans inside the 4th
    Raiders get it to the 1.. TD!

Titans at midfield but get stopped at 4th and 1... a 1st down wins the game... C2J nailed in the back field
    Raiders ball with 1:38 left!
    Titans blow coverage an its a cookie TD
    Titans throw a pick.. they let it go for 6, 48 seconds left
    Titans go deep left... .its picked off!

and that is game!

Good game Raiders, I escaped so many picks with Locker and in large part that was down to your DBs not paying attention, you were worth the win.

In the battle of the trades, DHB gets 160 odd yards and Cookie gets 60 or so and the game tying TD

Thanks heli! Heyward bay was great, don't know what's in the water down in titanland but its made of better stuff than we were serving in Oakland

Cook jr firmly showed titans what they lost by making catches on big plays! Hester was again worth his weight in gold with 2 catches at the end of of each half that set up the field goal and cooks TD respectively!

My secondary misfired all day. Picks came to them left right and centre and par 3, all dropped!

Personally, I felt I robbed heli at the end with the pick 6 but will gladly take the win! Great game commish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Two nice reports but what was the final score?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Cowboys 24 - 27 buccs

After the highs in new Orleans, Tampa bay are brought back down to earth by Stafford's cowboys. Without being terribly good on either side of the ball the cowboys managed to frustrate the Tampa team on both sides of the ball taking an early 10-0 lead.

The buccs continued to plug away pulling themselves back and brining a 14-10 lead into the break. The buccs received the ball to start the second half but super punter Trimble was brought out for the umpteenth time in this game..

The cowboys capitalised on this and took a 3 point lead 17-14 coming into the 4th. Buccs go no huddle again, the only way they could move the ball against a stubborn Dallas defense. The game is tied by a 30 yard field goal from double jobber Trimble.

Both sides stopped on 3 and outs. Buccs score a td when martin catches over the middle for a td. Broncos start their drive stopped on first two buta long pass from Stafford finds miles Auston in the red zone but buccs shut it down Americas team miss the field goal coming into the 2 minute.

The buccs know all they need to do is run the ball but the cowboys continue to stack the box. 3 and 7 on their own 36 forces zwk#@lsky to throw and he's picked. Cowboys score in the corner. Queue ot.

Buccs win the toss and choose to receive. After a long drive they are stopped and a miss timed 54 yard fg kick from Trimble gives Dallas great field position. The buccs d finally get their 3 stops just outside fg range. 4 and 1 cowboys decide to fake it but Tampa were prepared and the pass is incomplete. 2 minutes left in ot. Buccs have the ball in midfield stopped twice and game is looking like a tie (are there two ot periods?) when the young qb finds his beast of a.. Te mosely who brings it to the 20 yard line. Trimble jogs onto the field and kicks the fg 27-24 buccs.

Frustrating game for Tampa who just couldn't move kid ball against a strong d rather than an explosive one. Martin had to fight for every single yard he got on the ground.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »
    Two nice reports but what was the final score?

Raiders win by 7, 31-24

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Madden twitter has been re-established

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions 38 - Colts 10

The Lions go 3-0 as they beat the Colts in week 3. The Colts started well and moved the ball well on the first drive but a Luck fumble was recovered by the defense, the Lions were able to score a TD on that drive.

Next drive Luck is sacked and fumbles again, same result and its 14-0.

After a Colts Punt, the Lions again score on the ensuing drive, 21-0.

The Colts manage a FG, but as time expires in the first half, Romo hits Manningham for another TD.

The second half continues in a similar vein, with a few Luck interceptions and 1 TD each, it ends 38-10.

Thanks for the game, it was a tough one for you but I think those early fumbles really cost you.

Best of luck for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|14|10|3|0|27
    Bills|7|0|7|7|21

Bills win the toss and get to ball to start us off.
    The drive doesn't go to plan though as Brandon Spikes forces the fumble and Steve Gregory recovers for NE.
    The finely tuned machine that is the Patroit Offence on needs one play to go the 26 yards for a TD. Cassell to Welker for the score. XP is good. Pats lead 7-0.
    A blown coverage by the Pats D# leads to a big gain through the air to Griffin the receiver, he breaks a tackle and the other defenders trip over their own man as he takes it 80 yards to the house to tie the scores. XP is good. 7-7
    NE punt the ball away, as do the Bills. On the Bills punt though, the NE return man muffs it and it rolls out the back of the endzone for a what should be a safety but the scoreboard doesn't change.
    On the very next play with the ball own their own 20 yard line following the kick, Cassell hits Brandon Lloyd for a short gain. He breaks a tackle and keeps going till they are putting points on the board. XP is good. 14-7 Pats.
    Bills come on to the field looking eager to get another score. Gregory soon put a stop to that as his forces the fumble which is recovered by Pat Chung. Pats Ball. It is a wasted effort though as they fail to move the ball and opt to punt rather than go for a 56 yard FG. A Pats coverage man gets a hand on it at the one yard line but it bounces out and goes for a touchback.
    End of the 1st quarter with the Bills on the ball at the NE 40. Score is 14-7 NE

Bills punt it away for a touchback.

Slater drops yet another wide open pass. Then Welker comes up big on the end around for 32 yards.Pats get inside the 10 but have to make do with 3 points. 17-7 NE

The Bills get stopped inside their own 10 on the kick return and after two runs for minus yards air it out, right into the hands of 2nd year DB T.Brown. Pats Ball. But being the nice guys that they air, they throw the ball right back to the Bills defender. Bills ball.
    Bills punt it away. Pats get the ball inside of the 2 minute warning and run some clock out before Cassell hits Hernandez for 6 points. XP is good. 27-7 NE
    Bills get the ball with 26 seconds in the half. They just run out the clock.

HT score 24-9.

Shortly into the Bills first drive of the 2nd half, QB dumps the ball off the RB Fred Jackson who gets hit hard and ends up with a broken collarbone for his troubles. Spiller comes in a takes his place. Then Brad Smith comes out of nowhere to haul in a long bomb and six points for his efforts. 24-14 NE.
    Pats move well down the field through the air, Cassell hitting six different recievers on the drive, but it comes to just 3 points. 27-14.
    End of the 3rd Quarter.

Bills get two goods throws in succession and get six points on the board. XP is good. 27-21 Pats.

Nothing much happens for a while but the Bills punt the ball away and it gets downed at the Pats 1 yard line with 2:04 to play. Nothing happening and NE punt it away. Bills get couragous and air it out, this time Spikes has the honour of being the receiver. Pats just run out the clock.

Fitzpatrick went 26/27 for 321 yards, 3 TD and 2 INT
    Cassell went 24/40 for 341, 3 TD, 1 INT

Just about every eligible receiver for the Pats got a pass.
    Gronk 5 - 68 yards
    Lloyd - 5 - 96 Yards - 1TD
    Kettani 5 - 35 yards
    Hernandez 2 - 27 Yards - 1 TD
    Ridley - 2 - 7 Yards
    Brown - 2 - 27 yards
    Slater - 1 - 39 yards
    Vereen - 1 - 16 yards
    Welker - 1 - 26 yards - 1 TD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Giants 21 eagles 10

Looks like the EA servers are away down, raging. I won my game 45-13, with some great scores and the server dropped in the fourth. Can't get back on to it there so will try and get playing again tomorrow. If I lose ill lose my temper.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Ea Servers are dropping all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Ravens 24 - 31 Steelers

Close one here at Heinz Field that had The Steelers struggling for most of the game. Ray Rice was the man of the game with 99 yards on the ground and 159 yards through the air. He capitalized on a poorly selected blitz from the Steelers to break off a 69 yard run. He also left Laurence Timmons tackling air on a huge screen pass (Did Weedon drop back too far though....:D)

The Ravens knocked HB Ego McKoy out of the game early and probably regretted it, as old nemesis Jerious Norwood came in and rushed for 108 yards and a TD. Norwood had previously been benched for fumbling issues.

The key play of the game came with around 2 and a half minutes left in the game. The sides were tied at 24 all with the Ravens driving nicely using a lot of clock, when Weedon was hit on 2nd down by Kahlbuto Williams who forced the fumble. This knocked them out of filed goal range and they were unable to convert on third and long.

The Steelers then hit Mike Wallace (who else) deep for the first time all game for the winning TD.

Great game Pudsey, that fumble was so unfair as you had played a brilliant game up until then.

I'm beginning to sense that my divisional rivals have figured my offense out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone know if saints played the Redskins yet and the score?

Won again 35-24 servers cut out in the third!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals 42 - Dolphins 24

Dolphins seemed to have zero luck! Nearly every pass caught was promptly dropped when hard hitting Bengals plowed into them

Bengals dominated through the air and their defense kept Dolphins run game to negative yardage.

When PAlmer hooked up with recivers was some great plays but few and far between.

Zero 3rd down conversions for Dolphins and only 8 first downs says it all really.

Bad luck man good playing you.
    Enjoy rest of season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

NekoChan wrote: »
    Bengals 42 - Dolphins 24

Dolphins seemed to have zero luck! Nearly every pass caught was promptly dropped when hard hitting Bengals plowed into them

Bengals dominated through the air and their defense kept Dolphins run game to negative yardage.

When PAlmer hooked up with recivers was some great plays but few and far between.

Zero 3rd down conversions for Dolphins and only 8 first downs says it all really.

Bad luck man good playing you.
    Enjoy rest of season

Sorry for having no mic thought it would have been charged l but ah well! I was getting hugely frustrated with easy dropped catches everywhere! But good game better team won.

Won 35-3 vs Vikings, played worse than in the first two games, threw nine interceptions! Didn't give an inch on D, they got the FG from a fumble punt return. They also fumbled five times and recovered three. Pleased this is over, displeased I've a bye week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »
    Won 35-3 vs Vikings, played worse than in the first two games, threw nine interceptions! Didn't give an inch on D, they got the FG from a fumble punt return. They also fumbled five times and recovered three. Pleased this is over, displeased I've a bye week.

9!!?!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    9!!?!

Sorry, eight there was a fumble. Yeah I had nearly 400 yards in the air to boot.:pac: three were picked in their end zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams get another beating, this time from division rivals Seattle.

It was going so well in the 1st qtr as i kept Lynch contained and made some good plays of my own.

But more shoddy play from Bradford consigned me to another defeat.
    Think he threw 6 INTs, though in fairness a couple werent totally his fault.
    Including the one thrown in the endzone; a fade route by 6 foot 7 TE Scott Chandler who shouldnt even have to jump to outreach most players, yet the safety nearly jumps over him to get the pick.
    A few too many wild throws by Bradford for my liking in this game, and too many overthrown passes to wide open receivers!!

All that coupled with the inability of my defence to put a runner to ground on numerous occasions meant that Lynch had a field day out there along with WR Maclin.

Next up for the beleaguered Rams a CPU game against the Bears, thank Christ!!!

Good game theoneadlum, thought i had a handle on it in the 1st qtr and could push on from there, but it wasnt to be. Apologies as well if the game was laggy, think it was my internet.

Good luck with the rest of the season and see ya in the return game

Heading out for dinner, advance will be tonight but sometime after 10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Played cardinals yesterday .. Jets win 37-27 ..

Thanks for the game Padraic, your special teams came to play !

27 points vs Jets is very good.

Advertisement