Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

I think I might throw on some decent money on McIlroy to win the USPGA at 8/1. I think his game is there and If he gets his putter going then I don't think any person in the field will be able to compete with him.

I just have a feeling it's going to click for him in the next few weeks and watching him today, If he putted properly then he could have easily shot something similar to Stenson's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Didn't fancy anyone enough to give my money to the bookies but picked up €50 and my 5th Major in 3 years thanks to Sergio and Soren finishing in the Top 10*.

*6 off us throw in €10 for each Major, we then use a virtual €10 as we wish, based on the bookies odds. We pay out on T10 to keep more interest in it and that helped me win with Soren T9 at 150/1. Free pints the next time I meet the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Beaulieu

Matt Southgate 11/1 for a Top 20 thanks to PaddyP. €5 only but sure it covered everything else. Cashed out on Colesarts early and put it on Hatton e/w at 125/1 - miniscule payback but at least better than cash out value alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I might throw on some decent money on McIlroy to win the USPGA at 8/1. I think his game is there and If he gets his putter going then I don't think any person in the field will be able to compete with him.

I just have a feeling it's going to click for him in the next few weeks and watching him today, If he putted properly then he could have easily shot something similar to Stenson's.

I wouldn't go near him unless he went back to cack. You don't miss short putts like he missed when you go left under right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Done a small e.w. on Striker. Thanks.

No bother Jo, did the same myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

MYOPIA wrote: »
    How about trying to figure out who will win this week at Baltrusol ?
    It is going to be hot and humid -- spectators being advised to bring there own water ( +salt ) .
    Shane Lowry might consider shaving off that beard to avoid heat stroke .
    Often won by an unheralded American ?
    Maybe Kevin Chappel?

I think Tony Finau is an interesting e/w for this

How are we fixed this weekend ?

I'm doing my usual picks of people I want to win rather than people I think will actually win

Sergio
    Patrick Reed
    Shane Lowry
    Keegan Bradley
    Andy Sullivan
    The Beef
    Rich Beem
    Rocco Mediate

All with various values of E/W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

JB Holmes - 2 top 5's this year in the majors,
    4th in the masters and 3rd in the Open.
    66-1 bet E/W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

dball wrote: »
    JB Holmes - 2 top 5's this year in the majors,
    4th in the masters and 3rd in the Open.
    66-1 bet E/W

....and missed the cut in the US open. JB is a head wrecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Not pushing the boat out too much really but gone with Rory, DJ and Kuchar. All e/w.

Just can't look past either Rory or DJ to be honest with their ball striking on what will be a tough course given it's length. Kuchar having a very good year and is good value at 45/1 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Lowry & Jb Holmes both ew.
    Rory round 1 leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

World Under-12 champion McKibbin is playing in his locality at the NI Open, 1/1000 odds or thereabouts.
    Stranger things have happened, like then Happy Gilmore won in that tv documentary about golf.
    Let's hope he has PokemonGo switched off on the mobile. 66/1 for a top10 finish also with Sky.
    Hope the young fella does well in all seriousness, a future champion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I think Tony Finau is an interesting e/w for this

I have Finau (125/1) on an e/w for this and.....
    • Tyrell Hatton (150/1) - I like the cut of his jib, tied 5th at The Open and has been plodding along with a certain consistency
    • Brandon Stone (400/1) :D Thought this was excellent value - former top college golfer heading back to the States for his PGA debut.
    • Bill Haas (100/1) - came across as a really nice guy in The Open :)

I also took Fowler at 25/1 and again when his odds went out to 35/1.....and Day to try and make sure I get some money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eric the Eagle

All each way bets:

Garcia
    Kuchar
    Haas
    Holmes
    Fowler - First Round Leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

JB
    An
    Justin Thomas
    Lovemark
    Danny Lee
    and Submergio

all on betfair at high odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Kaymer lingmerth koepka Scott grace and cabrello bello.

All €8 e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

put a bet on stenson during the last round of the open championship at 40/1 it's looking good right now. fingers crossed:D

Kaymer lingmerth koepka Scott grace and cabrello bello.

All 6 make the cut. Wonder what odds I'd have got on that. Hard to see a winner from them with the quality up there at the top.

mickelson, Beef, stenson, Furyk :D

lowry, garcia and johnson gone:(

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote:
    mickelson, Beef, stenson, Furyk

Stenson should give you a real good sweat.!

Stenson should give you a real good sweat.!

yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Johnson, Day or McIlroy to win 5/2
    Stenson 14/1
    Fowler 33/1 ew
    Lowry 125/1

Threw a few quid on Kishner, Know, Leishman and Harry just know hoping tomoro is very bad to start play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Ended up with a nett profit of 20 euro for my 3 10 euro bets,,,always wait for last day and take best price available for leading contenters,,,if you time it right should come out with a small profit,,,,never going to make you rich,,,, but you wont lose s a fortune either

Make this one out!!

8€ e/w on grace and koepka. Top 5 1/4 odds. Both finished in a 3 way tie for 4th. 70/1 and 45/1

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

8€ e/w on grace and koepka. Top 5 1/4 odds. Both finished in a 3 way tie for 4th. 70/1 and 45/1

I reckon you have 6.40 at 16.5 to 1 and €6.40 at 11.25 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Have had 2 2 4 in last three majors ah well lowry phil and brooks next year !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Make this one out!!

Grace: 8 x 2/3 = 5.33, x 70/4 = 93.275, + 5.33 ~ 98.60
    Koepka: 8 x2/3 = 5.33, x 45/4 = 59.96, + 5.33 ~ 65.29
    Give or take a few pennies as most bookies will round up to the 5c.

Collected 164 euro today. What could've been....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He narrowed it down, 25 picks out of 60:-)

He narrowed it down, 25 picks out of 60:-)

:rolleyes: if thats all u took from that its all the one did you go through the spreadsheet that was linked... no didnt think so, but ur very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

anyone bet for the Olympics?

I took Fowler and Willett to win, Harrington and da Silva (home boy, 250/1, sure it'd be rude not to!! :)) each way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Jawgap wrote: »
    anyone bet for the Olympics?

I took Fowler and Willett to win, Harrington and da Silva (home boy, 250/1, sure it'd be rude not to!! :)) each way.

I did..
    Wiesberger 50/1
    Luiten 66/1
    Fraser 125/1
    Hend 66/1

All small each way bets. Did the 2 Aussies cos apparently it's similar to courses in Australia. Also did a double on Fowler & Jutanugarn in the ladies.

Fowler & Lingmerth@55 (6pl), but also looking (now) at Kaymer for Leader R1 @7.5 e/w 4pl 1/5.

:rolleyes: if thats all u took from that its all the one did you go through the spreadsheet that was linked... no didnt think so, but ur very funny

Too much data involved. I was going to back Bun An from South Korea based on the fact that if he wins a medal he would not have to do 2 years military service. I was not being funny,he did give 25 out of 60. Seamus Power is going well, hope he kicks on.

Too much data involved. I was going to back Bun An from South Korea based on the fact that if he wins a medal he would not have to do 2 years military service. I was not being funny,he did give 25 out of 60. Seamus Power is going well, hope he kicks on.

He just wrote a piece on 25 players he is not recommending betting all I just thought some background on 25 golfers might be of benifit to some on here

He just wrote a piece on 25 players he is not recommending betting all I just thought some background on 25 golfers might be of benifit to some on here

Agree with you. Who do you fancy from here?

Agree with you. Who do you fancy from here?

Its between Stenson and Rose although not sure what the scores where when you posted :D Id prefer rose for aftertiming reasons..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

With the Masters fast approaching, who are people backing this year?

I've done e/w bets on:

Matsuyama - 16/1;
    Rahm - 50/1;
    Reed - 50/1 and
    Kjeldsen - 100/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I've e/w done on 4

Casey
    Rahm
    Fitzpatrick
    Berger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Rahm... first time at Augusta... nope.

Mickelson... yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    With the Masters fast approaching, who are people backing this year?

I've done e/w bets on:

Matsuyama - 16/1;
    Rahm - 50/1;
    Reed - 50/1 and
    Kjeldsen - 100/1

Where can one get Rahm at 50/1?

As usual, I'll be betting the farm on Garcia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

culline wrote: »
    Where can one get Rahm at 50/1?

I got that couple of weeks ago too.

Not now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ForeRight wrote: »
    I got that couple of weeks ago too.

Not now though

lay it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

justin Thomas 28/1
    Louis oothuzin 55/1
    Freddie couples (top senior)

Holding out for 7 or possibly even 8 places to be offered, as per last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Holding out for 7 or possibly even 8 places to be offered, as per last year.

Normally not as many places offered for the masters as it's a smaller field afaik

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »
    Normally not as many places offered for the masters as it's a smaller field afaik

This was last year's offer, possibly also happened in '15:

Sky-Bet-8-Places-on-The-Masters-Offer.png

No idea if it will occur this year, but more than likely PP etc will do the 7pl closer to the tee off.

Advertisement