Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

I don't see Thomas or Scott in the field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not a great field for the Honda . My picks Im Horschel and Whaley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Decided on 4 this week 5 places Ew with 365

Horschell 22/1

Pereira 45/1

Can't let fat pat go off at 60/1 given how good he is around the greens even if he is in shite form

Sigg 140/1

Cos there not in the field. Dunno wat list I was looking at. Ah well 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Went for Niemann and Horshel based on approach play and current form. Terrible odds on both 20 and 30/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In the Honda I'm going with Nicolai Hojgaard who is going to be a superstar. Brandon Steele who always seems to play well in the Honda, CT Pan tied 3rd last year and a top ten last week. Cam Young who was second last week and just looks so consistent, Aaron Rai who I think this course suits and he seems to be finding his feet on the PGA tour now and finally Keith Mitchell, former winner in great form.

Matt Wollf having disaster out there. Needs a new coach and caddy. Missing 1 footers all round and looks like he wants to dig the head off the lad carrying his bag. Horrible to see. He's only a kid really. Of course he's one of my picks 🤣

Wolff has been struggling with mental issues and he talked about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/Matthew-wolff-northern-trust-mental-health/amp

He was runner up to Bryson at the 2020 US open. Pity he wasn’t able to kick on from that

Yeah he showed a glimse of that form last year in the shriners. Such a shame as he has all the talent required. Still only a kid so loads of time

• Advertisement

I'm on Hovland max bet, Leishman, Fitzpatrick, Bezuidenhuit and Zalatoris this week.

In Puerto Rico I'm on Kityama at 50/1, got that in Boylesports on Tuesday. I'm also on Rafael Campos who went so close last year. This is his major as he's from there.

Arnol Palmer invitational

Sticking with John Rahm, reckons he's due a win. Like the look or Rory around this course too. Outsider pick is Rickie Fowler for the craic and interest in Sam Burns also

I will go power ew again - his price is going up as his form dips . Hovland win only. Kizzire and cam Davis ew also

Good price on Kitayama Eagle Eye!

Was in Paddy's y'day, and looked at Palmer's tips, and done em all in that shop. Don't know about elsewhere, but KK were only 22s in Paddy's. Must have been a massive plunge on that lad for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

This week i went for

Tommy Fleetwood

Dylan Fritelli

Matt Wolff

All each way good luck all

Scott, Homa, Young & Munoz this week for me.

😂 😁

well that's one down swannee then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Bigger than usual card for the players for me this week but there is some decent value to be had I feel.

All 8 places ew

Main bets on

Koepka 40/1

Berger 30/1

Smaller plays on

Cam young 90/1

Noren 100/1

Bradley 150/1

Knox 225/1

Straka 225/1

Little flier on rahm to lead after round 1 and win 75/1

Players picks

Strongest pick of Sam Burns

Taught he was impressive on final day last week with everybody struggling. Showed the sort of craft that will work at Sawgrass

Zalatoris, Brian Harman and jaoquin niemenn also have the class required to play round here

Outsider Punts

Cameron champ

Should be a good weekend of golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Win only on Rory

Ew on Putman

Did Sergio FRL too ew

Gl all

Hovland win only . Horschel McCarthy kizzire ew

I know it's started but I've nobody done who's started yet.

My team is Scheffler, Fitzpatrick, Kirk, List, Horschel and Bradley.

Also went in on frl with Thomas, McIlroy, Bradley, List, Henley and Wolff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Power, Wolff, Straka, Champ and Brehm all EW

Hard one to take there. Brilliant final round by cam smith but for burns there's no excuses. Avoided all the that wind half the field were badly effected by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know what sports book usually offers the most markets on golf bets?

Probably bet365 but they have poor place terms on the outright market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

It's mad the amount of players that are at 14/1 for the Masters, don't ever remember there being quite this many, seems to very little value there.

I've heard a load of people tipping Henley so I imagine he'll be a popular one, he seems to be 66/1 in a few places which seems very short to me.

I think Niemann and Burns look interesting at 40s.

Matsuyama withdrew in Texas this weekend so unlikely I will back him to defend his title

• Advertisement

I think they are always lowest because it's the smallest field but yeah 0 value in them. Hoge @ 100s seems good value and HV3 @ 150s both playing good stuff but realistically only hoping for a place. Will have a nibble at Fitzy @ 50s and then will pick one of JT/Brooks/Smith.

Brian Harman and Kevin Kisner both on my radar.

Doing a masters competition at the club - pick 3 with a combined over 150 odds, lowest wins. Does anyone know how to do an excel with the leaderboard as an outsource so scores update automatically?

Burns is a Masters rookie, otherwise I'd be looking at him.

Yeah, neck issue. Hard to see that being fully resolved in less than a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

All 4 irish to make the cut anyway

Will think about my ten other bets tonight 🤔

• Advertisement

So before I did any work on stats my picks were Smith, Scheffler, Lowry, Leishman and Hatton.

Top twenty in my stats list are Smith, Thomas, Burns, Gooch, Morikawa, Schauffele, Scheffler, Henley, Rahm, Leishman, Lowry, Horschel, Homa, Spieth, Hovland, Im, Power, Scott, Cantlay, Niemann, Berger.

So out of that list you have three rookies who are Burns, Gooch and Power. Matsuyama had a neck injury in Texas which forced him out of the tournament. Homa has played there twice and missed the cut both times.

Average Masters finish of the rest of that list is, Rahm 10.4, Spieth 11.1, Schauffele 18, Scheffler 18.5, Thomas 19.2, Smith 24.6, Hovland 26.5, Morikawa 31, Henley 35.6, Berger 42.3, Leishman 47, Im 51, Cantlay 54.6, Horschel 56.9, Lowry 64.2.

In form top 5 from that list, Scheffler, Hovland, Horschel, Thomas and Cantlay. I have to add that Cam Smith doesn't appear on that list due to how little he has played over the last while but his last six tournaments include two wins, two tied 4th's, tied 33rd and a missed cut. So he'd be right after Scheffler.

So based on all of that I still like my two initial picks of Smith and Scheffler. Thomas has to be very seriously considered also.

In the market without the favourites I think Lowry, Harschel and Henley have to be seriously considered. And even though he's a rookie I think Gooch at his price deserves a small interest.

Post edited by eagle eye on

Will zalatoris and Seamy Power are my picks for Augusta. Outsider sepp straka gets the nod, zalatoris putting needs to improve and our boy Seamy needs to keep it going for 72 or more holes.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

1st RL Power and Ancer

O/R, Lowry, Conners, Louis, Hovland

DJ is my main bet. EW on Zalatoris Lowry and Kisner and Harman for T10.

Koepka, Homa, Cam Young, List for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Taking cam Smith, Louis and Bobby Mcintyre all to win their 3 balls today at just over 9/1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Various bets on:

Cam Smith

Koepka

Scott

Lowry

hatton

Pieters

Straka at 200/1 for me. He hits it long. Cam Young , list and horschel ew. Hovland morikawa win only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Xander10

Smith my main win bet.

added ew: Finua, Im & Woo Li

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Pieters e/w 80 to 1

Wolff e/w 200 to 1

small win bet on Koepka, good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Cantlay Win only 18/1

Lowry E/W 11 places 30/1

Morikawa Win only 14/1

Woodland E/W 8 places 80/1

Also a Morikawa/Cantlay reverse forecast special 80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GymTanLaundry

Cam Smith my main bet at 14/1 e/w. Also gone with Hatton, Pieters and Lowry all each way too.

Leishman for first round leader at 50/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Stuck a €2 Sky freebie on Lowry; tbh I'll be happy if he makes the cut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My main bet is an acca on all 4 irish to make the cut and that bogey from harrington on the 15th has pretty much skittled it I'd say. That and the missed 5 footer for birdie on the 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Why do the bookies always have so little faith in Schwartzel? Joint fourth and he's 175/1 with Bet365. Im (hardly a giant of the name) is only two shots ahead and is 16/1?

• Advertisement
Advertisement