Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Good man Seve :)

Well they need to at least consider cashing out now....... But they won't.

He is going to waste away tomorrow...... Says he in the hope that me talking him down will result in an Irish Green Jacket come Sunday.

It's worked so far, so Shane, you are only making up the numbers, no chance of winning so take a picture while you are there :D

septictank wrote: »
    Jesus, some tee shot from lowry, i thought he made a balls of it, but it finished 12 foot from the hole.

What hole are you watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well they need to at least consider cashing out now....... But they won't.

He is going to waste away tomorrow...... Says he in the hope that me talking him down will result in an Irish Green Jacket come Sunday.

It's worked so far, so Shane, you are only making up the numbers, no chance of winning so take a picture while you are there :D

Cashing out is for pussies Seve!!! :-) unless using betfair or similar you may as well just throw your money in the bin. Your high street bookies offer awful cash out value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

What hole are you watching?

12 on closer examination it was about 18 foot and he missed it after a drop shot for a sprinkler.

septictank wrote: »
    12 on closer examination it was about 18 foot and he missed it after a drop shot for a sprinkler.

Yea and he was in the bunker with his tee shot!

kiers47 wrote: »
    Cashing out is for pussies Seve!!! :-) unless using betfair or similar you may as well just throw your money in the bin. Your high street bookies offer awful cash out value.

Pussies........ Or clever punters. Take the profit when it's there, don't get to greedy and you won't loose your shirt all the time

Pussies........ Or clever punters. Take the profit when it's there, don't get to greedy and you won't loose your shirt all the time

I would say anyone who is using a bookmakers cash out option is not a clever punter but I guess that's my opinion. If cashing out is your game best to use the exchanges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I would say anyone who is using a bookmakers cash out option is not a clever punter but I guess that's my opinion. If cashing out is your game best to use the exchanges.

One of the biggest money rackets they have going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

offering no cash out all day on my bets on 365 I would just be interested in seeing what it is , have speith/Zach j not appeared once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Agree the cash out is a bit of a scam, only really worth your while if you think your not going to win.

Have Rory gone from 8-1 to 11-2 being offered a 3% profit

Have Casey e/w gone from 60-1 to 22-1 being offered to double my money.

If I wanted to make those sort of returns there are plenty of odds on horses I could back.

Dont think Casey will win but still see him placing, would need to be offered 7 times to make cashing out a better option.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    One of the biggest money rackets they have going.

I don't bother having to many bets anymore. Learnt my lesson! But when I do it is generally on the exchange so have no idea what kind of offer you would get from PP etc.

It may be a money making racket for them, but look at it from the other side. If I had backed SL I really don't see him finishing anywhere near the top 10 by Sunday evening (hope I'm badly wrong of course). So to cash out and get some profit back in the pocket has to be better than loosing your stake!

If I had backed SL I really don't see him finishing anywhere near the top 10 by Sunday evening (hope I'm badly wrong of course). So to cash out and get some profit back in the pocket has to be better than loosing your stake!

I see your point but if you had the confidence to back him, he has hardly done anything to make you change your opinion now!

There are some flaws in the cash out so its worth keeping an eye on it especially sunday.
    During the match play I had a bet on DJ, he was 1 down putting for a half on 17. Managed to cash out for half my stake which was pretty generous I thought

Ronney wrote: »
    I see your point but if you had the confidence to back him, he has hardly done anything to make you change your opinion now!

There are some flaws in the cash out so its worth keeping an eye on it especially sunday.
    During the match play I had a bet on DJ, he was 1 down putting for a half on 17. Managed to cash out for half my stake which was pretty generous I thought

Well I had no confidence that Cabrera would win or even come close. I backed him purely to lay it off after day one. I actually laid it before he started and turned a profit. So it's not always about picking someone who you thing might win, but picking someone who you think the odds are to long on in the hope they will come in and give you the option to make some money.

Well I had no confidence that Cabrera would win or even come close. I backed him purely to lay it off after day one. I actually laid it before he started and turned a profit. So it's not always about picking someone who you thing might win, but picking someone who you think the odds are to long on in the hope they will come in and give you the option to make some money.

Fair enough, do you mind me asking how much of a percentage profit you made?

Cashing in works if you are putting on big bets to make small profits.

Ronney wrote: »
    Fair enough, do you mind me asking how much of a percentage profit you made?

Cashing in works if you are putting on big bets to make small profits.

22.2%

look, it wasn't big money I was putting on or anything. I just got pissed off putting bets on to win double or triple my money and loosing all the time.
    then I realised I actually had a much better chance of winning by taking small profits here and there.

I might be watching a match. its flat, nothing happening. so i'll stick a few quid on it being 0-0 at half time. as the game ticks on, the odds will only move in your favour or a goal would get knocked in and you are out. I was never out. watch the game give it 5 or 10 minutes and hey presto, very good chance you could actually make a 50% return. I could have made a lot more if I clung on, but my motto was to not get greedy, cause it can all go in a second.

Any outsiders take your fancy for the Top 10, Top 20 market after day 1 folks?

I was impressed with Aphibarnrat getting back to E after going +4 on the front 9.
    14/1 on Betfair sb for a Top 10, 4/1 for a top 20.... a little skinny but I would be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I was impressed with Aphibarnrat getting back to E after going +4 on the front 9.
    14/1 on Betfair sb for a Top 10, 4/1 for a top 20.... a little skinny but I would be tempted.

I presume by a "little skinny" you're referring to the odds? Because if you're talking about the golfer I think you may be a little wide of the mark calling him a little skinny!

Was impressed with him though.

Not his biggest fan but i would be kean to get Ian Poulter on side for a couple of them markets. Top 10: 16/5 and Top 20: 23/20 looks the most appealing at the moment. His course form is brilliant.
    Also 13/2 for top Englishman.

Not for everyone but i think 23/20 for a top 20 is an absolute rick. I wouldn't like to be laying that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Obviously would love to see him win but I really don't think he's worth a bet. I think at those sort of odds someone like Jason Dufner or Justin Thomas would represent better bets

If I've learned anything after day 1 it's that I'm very good at picking long shots

• Advertisement

I presume by a "little skinny" you're referring to the odds? Because if you're talking about the golfer I think you may be a little wide of the mark calling him a little skinny!

Was impressed with him though.

The puns are free.

Not his biggest fan but i would be kean to get Ian Poulter on side for a couple of them markets. Top 10: 16/5 and Top 20: 23/20 looks the most appealing at the moment. His course form is brilliant.
    Also 13/2 for top Englishman.

Not for everyone but i think 23/20 for a top 20 is an absolute rick. I wouldn't like to be laying that anyway.

Ya, Poulter for a Top 20 is a good shout. From this position, form would say he's odds on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

4 of my 5 bets still healthy, Poults leading the way 125/1 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Lowry in trouble again on 3. 12 footer for par.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Spieth is on the clock, would be a good time to get bets on anyone else since he could drop more shots under the pressure.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Spieth is on the clock, would be a good time to get bets on anyone else since he could drop more shots under the pressure.

It's not affecting his playing partner. Dechambeau giving me plenty of value at 200/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's not affecting his playing partner. Dechambeau giving me plenty of value at 200/1.

Great shout that, when did you get on it? Might wager a small amount on him to place.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Great shout that, when did you get on it? Might wager a small amount on him to place.

Before play, 8 places with Skybet, 1/4 odds too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Going for a big enough bet on Bubba .

Also couple of outsiders like
    Matsuyama
    Reed
    Snedeker
    Casey (but always lets you down with a triple)

In the end I couldn't resist Rory at 8/1, in fairness they were great odds.

I should have pulled out of Bubba bet with that wind.

So still have
    Matsuyama
    Casey
    Mcilroy
    Snedeker

So not too bad - but no real big wins if any wins - will win about 100 on Rory.

Langer is a legend - amazing stuff. But he normally fades from now on.
    I dont have Day - but wonder could he be worth a bet now (what odds is he now lads ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Just put a couple of quid on louis Ooz on befair at 350/1 e/w. He is curently 4 over after finishing and hoping the 22 ahead come back with the wind

Went in again on Spieth earlier for my sins. Just thought the 5/2 was to big. Couldn't fathom how Rory was fav tbh.

• Advertisement

I took an absolute flier as well on Troy Merritt at 550/1 for very small stakes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Went in again on Spieth earlier for my sins. Just thought the 5/2 was to big. Couldn't fathom how Rory was fav tbh.
    My guess is the head to head between the 2 had some sway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Speak Now wrote: »
    Rose 10 @ 25
    Matsuyama 10 @ 42

Leishman 5 @ 95
    Koepka 5 @ 85

Hoffman 3 @ 180
    Kirk 3 @ 230
    English 3 @ 360
    Kaufman 3 @ 490
    Els 3 @ 630

Matsuyama and Kaufman giving me some extra interest tonight. Currently 8.6 and 16.5 respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Taking mcllroy and willett today to win their 2 balls 1.82

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Matsuyama remains my only hope...:o

Sweats :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Sweats

Squeaky bum time . Best of luck with it

slave1 wrote: »
    Matsuyama remains my only hope...:o

me too - well unless Rory ?

I think Mats will give us a good run for an E/W ?

But this is too early for him to win

Squeaky bum time . Best of luck with it

Cheers going to even it up a bit mind but still leave a good sweat

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Cheers going to even it up a bit mind but still leave a good sweat

What kind of cash out are you being offered

• Advertisement

What kind of cash out are you being offered

Abour 2800 but that would bring everyone green ill just level out the top 10 or so to varying degrees

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone on Langer?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

beertons wrote: »
    Anyone on Langer?

10er ew at 500/1 start of tournament bckt 3 langer big phil & Sergio. I'm hoping langer can sneak up that leader board gonna be glued to the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just had a bet on Johnson at 9/1. Been working the last few nights so haven't seen much. How is he playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Willet had a good round yesterday. I never heard of him before that, is he good? What are the chances of him making a proper challenge?? He's 18/1 to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

hefferboi wrote: »
    Willet had a good round yesterday. I never heard of him before that, is he good? What are the chances of him making a proper challenge?? He's 18/1 to do it.

He's ranked 12 in the world :) Won in Dubai earlier this year, had a very good run at first WGC event this year also. Been a contender in last 2 years Irish open as well.

Can we have a who lost the most money thread ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Any idea what Willet was going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Any idea what Willet was going in?

Have him at 66/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Have him at 66/1

Thought he'd be more, good luck!!

Advertisement