Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICPSA FITASC Membership Pulled

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

LB6 wrote: »
    but did it not also say that ireland cannot send a team, that only individuals will be accepted.

Thats right and for vast majority who want to shoot in FITASC championships being part of an Irish(ICPSA) team was never going to happen, so what this will do is open up those same championships to anybody who wants to take part as a guest of FITASC. Thats Happy Days for non-ICPSA people.

There is more to FITASC than home international tournamernts.

As an aside, before I quit this topic, as its irrelevant to us non-ICPSA members anyway, the 'incident' has been admitted by way of an apology published on the ICPSA website.
    What a different scene we would have if that action had been taken a long time ago. But theres no use crying over spilt milk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The mods have been monitoring this thread from the beginning. In the name of open, and fair discussion we have allowed this thread to continue, and only acting when site rules are violated.

However the publishing of names, addresses, and text/information taken directly from other sites breaks not only Copyright laws, but one of the main site rules about identifying people.

My previous warning about being civil and following site rules seems to have fallen on deaf ears for some so this will be the second, and final warning.

• DO NOT ask for, or try to identify a person. This will earn you a ban.
    • DO NOT copy and paste material from other sites unless you can provide the mods with written permission from the site owner/copyright holder before posting.

If any other site rules are broken we will temporarily remove your ability to post via a ban. No one wants this, and you should all be able to get your points across without having to resort to the previous behaviour.

Please take heed as any further action by any mod will happen without notification.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mark42

Realistically what can be done to get everyone back together again can it even be done , what is the Icpsa willing to do to make things right again and they do have to take some big steps . and let's not have tit for tat just real taught's the truth has come out of all the lies .

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

I think you guys are missing the point here - if ICPSA fails clay sports will not have representation at ISSF (and that means Olympics too). I get the point 99% of clay shooters don't go to Olympics but neither do 99% of other athletes. But even one success at international level gives a sport a boost that nothing else can do. Once you loose your representation at ISSF - there's no way back. ISSF will not accept two federations from the same country (neither will FITASC). I know countries where one federation (that's "leaning" towards target shooting and not clays) represents clay shooting and believe me - clay sports are declining rapidly in these countries - and that's because they do not care about clay sports (or they don't care as much as other shooting sports).
    What I'm saying is - do not leave ICPSA. Use your votes to change it! If there's so many shooters that are not happy with current ICPSA - change it. And by all means - do go and shoot CSI (as I do and I enjoy it very much). CSI will never represent Ireland @ISSF though - no mater how fun their shoots are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Barrelat75

Hi Damanloox,
    The only vote that ICPSA members have is the choice of joining or not!

If the numbers shooting the Irish FITASC Grand Prix are anything to go by, their Sporting discipline here is going the way of their Universal Trench and Compaq Sporting, and that is Nowhere.
    Do FITASC not concern themselves with participation in their disciplines.

Advertisement