Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Hotel, Wexford

Options
  • 15-05-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭

Who remembers the old County Hotel in Wexford's Anne Street? It closed in, I think, the mid '80s.
    Any former staff, customers or guests remember the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Was in it numerous times, was a right place for gigs if very tatty and slightly seedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Was in it numerous times, was a right place for gigs if very tatty and slightly seedy.

Cry Before Dawn Homecoming gig after they signed with CBS in mid 86 packed to the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I used to go there - as far as I can remember Thursday night's gig was The Bushers. "Tatty and slightly seedy" probably sums it up but good fun.

Thanks for reminding me of those days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Yes, remember it being a bit scruffy and gloomy, but then, so were many hotels back then.They used to even do wedding receptions I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Yes, it was a bit scruffy all right, And they did weddings and small parties, I remember it being a favourite meeting place for Shinners back in the seventies, when the Sinnott family owned the place.
    And they always had a massive turnover of staff. No-one ever seemed to stay there for any more than a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yis are all ancient in this thread :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

There speaks the voice of youth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Smells like old man in here :(

Advertisement