Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Giant Walrus!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thriller music video. used to dart behind the couch as a kid when it came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I used to be terrified by Kamala from the WWF and E.T. I also remember sloth from the Goonies freaking me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trieditonce

Anyone remember Sapphire and Steel??

the faceless man :eek: and the music!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

There was an ad for Tunes which had an animated frog using someones tonsils as a punching bag. The owner of the tonsils swallowed a Tune which killed the frog in his throat. It didn't frighten me but it made me cry. Yes, the frog was punching someones tonsils but he was stuck in their throat and had to pass the time somehow. I don't think he deserved to be killed for it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

The Child's Play films. They scared me senseless as a kid but I find them absolutely hilarious now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Worzel Gummidge always freaked me out.

Or whenever Hulk 'Hulked out' in the tv show I'd run behind the couch :(

The ending to The Time Bandits really unsettled me due to the opened ended weirdness of it. I think all films I'd seen up to that point had a definitive ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" episode with the bald vampire- remember having to sleep with light on for weeks after that episode..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

o1s1n wrote: »

The ending to The Time Bandits really unsettled me due to the opened ended weirdness of it. I think all films I'd seen up to that point had a definitive ending.

My mother used to have to bribe me with fish fingers to come out from behind the curtains when the Incredible Hulk was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That spider thing in Gremlins.....*shivers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

No one said jaws yet?
    Never bothered me but woulda thought someone of that age when it was first out would've said it

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

I once dropped a giant turd that resembled a Walrus when viewed at the correct angle.

I have pics if you are interested, OP?

poo poo g'poop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Charley Says. It was a series of public information cartoons about a cat called Charley who would warn his owner not to do things like go off with strangers. The boy would narrowly avoid danger and Charley would say something like "miaow miaow miaow". The boy would then translate what Charley had said. "Charley says always tell mummy before you go off somewhere".

For some reason I found it terrifying when I was about three or four.

There are links to the original episodes on the Wikipedia page. Apparently there were only six. I always thought there had been more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Couple of problems here. What's mum in deep conversation with the milk man for. Obviously cheating on Dad.

And if Charlie hadn't interfered then the young lad would of being off playing with his mates having fun. Instead of stuck with his ould one for the day. So the moral of the story is kids don't tell your parents nothing.

But an even more pressing problem for this kid is the imaginery voices and talking animals that will require pschiatric assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

o1s1n wrote: »

Worzel Gummidge, especially when he was changing heads still can't watch it
    today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I used to have a crush on the one with the fringe.:o

Jesus, at least I had a crush on a hot cartoon character (Jessica Rabbit). :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Can't believe no one's said the Child Catcher yet :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't believe no one's said the Child Catcher yet :eek:

That's because they've all been caught :(

Advertisement