Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the quay waterfordcity ??help

Options
  • 15-05-2013 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey imnew to fishing and dont have a car to travel during my sleepless nights i decided to try sum fishin iv been ther twice with 2 different sets of line a rigs and with no luck any information on adivice on the species and techniques on catching fish there would be appreciated.
    kind regards dylan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

Use small hooks sizes 4, or 2, and ragworm or crab as bait, I used to fish there years ago with garden worms and still got loads of flatfish, eels and the odd sea trout,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

Try using some punctuation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bonzaicitruss

thanks very much forthe advice would it be best to use a line a couple of hooks on it and would red portland eelsby any chance work iv found alot of yhem in my old tackle box :confused:

The eels wouldn't be any good, just try 1 or 2 hooks with bait. John O'Brien angling and outdoor center on the ring road usually has fresh bait if you can't travel to get your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bonzaicitruss

Any help on catching those pesky eels ?

• Advertisement

Just use the same rigs. Use crab, lug or ragworm as bait, you won't have any bother catching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Any help on catching those pesky eels ?

Hate to be a spoilsport but..........

Bye-law No C.S. 312, 2012 prohibits fishing for eel, or possessing or selling eel caught in a river in the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

breghall wrote: »
    Hate to be a spoilsport but..........

Bye-law No C.S. 312, 2012 prohibits fishing for eel, or possessing or selling eel caught in a river in the State.

but accidents do happen..:rolleyes:

TBH though I dont like catching them. slimy awful creatures. Congers I get because they are huge and thats awesome..

for simple shore fishing, try a two hook paternoster (aka flapper) with small hooks. size 2 say. and as noted, crab or worm baits. Use a small weight either round or a watch lead because the flatties will be attracted by the movement. beads and spoons wont hurt either.
    If you are bored, use some line that you have to make a few rigs for practice.

this wouldnt be my choice of how to tie it, but it would get you fishing and do fine
    18606367pw9.png

Advertisement