Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkinstown??

Options
  • 15-05-2013 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

Currently looking at buying in and around the walkinstown area. There seems to be a couple of houses in the Cherryfield area that seem a good bit more expensive than the rest of Walkinstown. Is there any reason for this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

This is in no way trying to be negative about Walkinstown or any nearby areas (was born and bred there myself :)) but there's a few reasons I think:

1. A lot of the houses in Walkinstown would be ex-Corpo/Council houses so would be smaller. The Cherryfield ones are bigger and, in many cases, better builds. Depending on extensions and such, the size of a terraced house in Walkinstown ranges from 75-100 sqm, in Cherryfield it can be from 100-125 sqm.

2. There are still some areas of Walkinstown which would be considered a bit iffy and/or just plain ugly when you get over towards the Long Mile Road and the industrial estates ... so prices can really vary on houses 500 metres apart.

3. The amenities are quite good in Cherryfield, being so close to the Ashleaf Shopping Centre, etc.

4. While parts of Walkinstown are practically in Drimnagh, Cherryfield is close to Perrystown so it's easy to pretend you're in Perrystown rather than Walkinstown ... similar to how "Manor Estate" isn't in Greenhills Dublin 12, it's in Terenure, Dublin 6W. ;)

By the by, I'm not saying they're worth what's being sought but the more expensive houses in Cherryfield at the moment have been really well extended or renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 anotheruser23

Was out around there this evening. Cherryfield is a lovely area. Seems very quiet and settled. Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement