Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benfica v Chelsea - EL Final - k/o 7:45pm - ITV/3e

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I drill it in to young lads all the time, possession, style, attempts are all well and good. If you don't score when on top, you risk getting bit in the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is it just me, can no-one else see ALL the other Chelsea players in full kit who weren't playing, why pick out terry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Terry really is an embarassment.

Himself, Ashley Cole and Abramovich are the main reasons I can't stand Chelsea

It's tempered somewhat by the fact that I like Rafa and players like Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How did Demba Ba get a medal. Was he not cup tied?

Same way Terry got a medal walked up to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Killinator wrote: »
    Is it just me, can no-one else see ALL the other Chelsea players in full kit who weren't playing, why pick out terry?

Hazard was in kit ?

Must have missed that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I don't understand Benfica. They were all over us in the first half, but barely had a shot on target. They seemed to want to walk it into the net.

We do have to be thankful that they seemed reluctant to shoot, though what shots they did get off weren't great from what I can remember.

It looked like they were terrified to lose possession in case we hit them on the break, which is fair enough given the first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Hazard is wearing a tasteful black suit on the telly I'm looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Essien wrote: »
    We do have to be thankful that they seemed reluctant to shoot, though what shots they did get off weren't great from what I can remember.

It looked like they were terrified to lose possession in case we hit them on the break, which is fair enough given the first goal.

As we saw with Cardozo though, they did have a guy up front who could score if they gave him more quality service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

oldyouth wrote: »
    I drill it in to young lads all the time

Good Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Because we all dislike Terry and have decide to abuse him, he deserves it all.

• Advertisement

Have to say, the Europa League trophy is a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Either UEFA or the FA request that the team wears full kit when collecting the trophy. Everyone just jumps on Terry because its easy.

Not to take anything away from Ivan and his peach of a header - but how beautiful would it have been for Lamps to win it with that long range effort near the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nolars wrote: »
    Congrats to Chelsea on becoming champions of Europe's 2nd tier clubs :)

Yeah cause United did really well when they went into the Europa League. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I believe that makes Rafa Benitez the 5th most successful manager of all time in European football competitions.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have to say, the Europa League trophy is a beauty.

Yupp it is a class trophy alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Legion. wrote: »
    Either UEFA or the FA request that the team wears full kit when collecting the trophy. Everyone just jumps on Terry because its easy.

And because he is a cnut of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Himself, Ashley Cole and Abramovich are the main reasons I can't stand Chelsea

It's tempered somewhat by the fact that I like Rafa and players like Lampard.

plus the fact that we are a successful consistently title winning club.....next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Essien wrote: »
    Not to take anything away from Ivan and his peach of a header - but how beautiful would it have been for Lamps to win it with that long range effort near the end.

Would have been great but that looping header was a thing of beauty.

Michael Owen can walk up in one of our kits for all I care if it meant winning a trophy.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Because we all dislike Terry and have decide to abuse him, he deserves it all.

Well at least it's rational,
    Ah well, good thing romeu, yossi, Turnbull, hilario, mikel, etc aren't hated otherwise they might get stick too, like Rooney did at the weekend, oh wait....

I suppose when this kind of stuff comes up it just means we've won ANOTHER trophy, tis a tough life:)

Not really, when Liverpool won the FA Cup in 2001 and Redknapp was club captain he and Fowler lifted the cup with Fowler still in match gear and Redknapp in suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

One thing I have to give to Chelsea, they get great use out of those plastic flags :D

Give it a rest, im a spurs fan as well, but credit where credit is due, chelsea have that winning mentallity we could only ever hope to have. Stop being bitter and let them enjoy their success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I don't understand Benfica. They were all over us in the first half, but barely had a shot on target. They seemed to want to walk it into the net.

The trouble with Benfica is they always try to walk it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Looks like Mouinho v Guardiola in the Super cup then providing Dortmund don't pull off a shock.

Give it a rest, im a spurs fan as well, but credit where credit is due, chelsea have that winning mentallity we could only ever hope to have. Stop being bitter and let them enjoy their success.

Sorry Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Not really, when Liverpool won the FA Cup in 2001 and Redknapp was club captain he and Fowler lifted the cup with Fowler still in match gear and Redknapp in suit.

The FA Cup.. 12 years ago. Times can change pal. Didn't you see Rooney collect his PL winners medal on Sunday after getting changed in to full kit?

I don't mind people trying to bash our team, go ahead. But if you are, at least make a proper rational argument. Unlike "omg terry is such a loser changing in to kit". Anyway, Undisputed Champions of Europe till Saturday week. Woot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The FA Cup.. 12 years ago. Times can change pal. Didn't you see Rooney collect his PL winners medal on Sunday after getting changed in to full kit?

I don't mind people trying to bash our team, go ahead. But if you are, at least make a proper rational argument. Unlike "omg terry is such a loser changing in to kit". Anyway, Undisputed Champions of Europe till Saturday week. Woot.

But hazard was wearing a suit???

nope did not see rooney as i did not watch the game sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Sorry Dad.

Off to bed now, can't be winding up us adults on the internets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Why the fcuk is this kit sh*te being discussed in depth.

Chelsea won, Terry smugs it up, he's allowed to if he wants.

He can enjoy his ice cream with sprinkles on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Sorry Dad.

I just dont like keep having to tell you, thats all.

Rafa out!

From full kit W@nkers

BKVe9eZCAAEnpt6.jpg

at least no shin pads this time

I just dont like keep having to tell you, thats all.

haha, no worries my mouth is shut on the matter now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Zola would have been proud of that header

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

RTÉ Sport ‏@RTEsport 19m
    John Terry and Frank Lampard lift the Europa League trophy. UEFA regulations mean Terry must wear his full match kit for the presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Well done Chelsea, think cech made one save. Benfica good till last ball, was hoping for extra time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BKVgHhvCUAAjLjx.jpg

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »

Because its Terry, there are literally zero other reasons.

Why didn't hazard have to wear the kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

HazDanz wrote: »

Its only when its terry. As evidenced by the complete lack of abuse for rooney for doing the same thing 3 days ago and nothing being said about ivanovic getting in to his kit and dancing on top of the goal posts after the cl last year.

He's a badass

From full kit W@nkers

BKVe9eZCAAEnpt6.jpg

at least no shin pads this time

He didnt have them last year either

Its only when its terry. As evidenced by the complete lack of abuse for rooney for doing the same thing 3 days ago and nothing being said about ivanovic getting in to his kit and dancing on top of the goal posts after the cl last year.

Exactly, terry is a prick so he deserves the abuse, its really as simple as that.

Exactly, terry is a prick so he deserves the abuse, its really as simple as that.

And Rooney is beloved by all?

Grannys love him anyway (for an hour at a time at least :-) )

Because smoking a cigar on a football pitch looks better when you wear a nice suit.

Nah just less people watched on Sunday than tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement