Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Sunderland..

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Right Gentlemen....
    Team choices,formations,comments and predictions in here please....

Dont want any conundrums, cos we all know them by now.
    My gut feeling is positive....
    If we had been thumped at home in our last 2 games,im sure our lads would be really trying to give us fans a decent send off and also to ruin another clubs chances of CL football.
    Plus the fact that Newcastle won at the weekend, i feel they have at least a draw left in them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dunno, half of me wants AVB to give the fringe players a go but on the other hand we have to win (just in case).

I'd deffo start Tom Carroll, don't think he would have anything to fear going up against Sunderlands MF.

Lastly, we better not f***ing concede from another bloody corner. Its a joke at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Give fringe players a chance in what could be our biggest game of the season , are you crazy ??

lloris
    walker daws verts ekotto

lennon dembele parker dempsey

bale
    ade

This could possibly be the last game for ekotto / daws and parker . I have been a huge fan of parker but in the last few games i have really seen what he offers which im afraid is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Arsenal lose, Chelsea lose 9-0, Spurs win 8-0. We finish 3rd spot.

Not gonna put a bet on it. Don't want to jinx it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I dunno, half of me wants AVB to give the fringe players a go

Sorry man but this is a silly statement, just saying.

Still think we'd beat Sunderland with a few players not usually in the start X1 - Brad, Caulker, Carroll, start Siggy, give Dempsey a full 90 mins etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Anyone know what matches are going to be shown on Sky on Sunday? Realistically our game and Arsenal's are the only ones of any interest so both should really be shown. If they are, I know I'll be watching the Arsenal game as that's arguable more important than ours!

As for our match, strongest squad available please. Make sure of the 3 points just in case Newcastle turn up and somehow get something out of Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

SuprSi wrote: »
    Anyone know what matches are going to be shown on Sky on Sunday? Realistically our game and Arsenal's are the only ones of any interest so both should really be shown. If they are, I know I'll be watching the Arsenal game as that's arguable more important than ours!

As for our match, strongest squad available please. Make sure of the 3 points just in case Newcastle turn up and somehow get something out of Arsenal.

ours and arsenals are on sky sports 1+2. parker is woeful,we need to keep d ball,id play 4-3-3. lloris,walker,Dawson,caulker,vert,
    Carroll,dembele,hudd
    lennon,ade,bale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We will be going full strength to win, no chances taken, maybe 4-4-2?

Carroll will probably play 90mins for the U-21s on Monday.

We will be going full strength to win, no chances taken, maybe 4-4-2?

Carroll will probably play 90mins for the U-21s on Monday.

can't see avb playing 4-4-2.i wouldn't be playing parker full stop. we're at home,we should have more of the ball and tryin to use it correctly. not running into dead ends or spinning round on the ball in the centre circle

can't see avb playing 4-4-2.i wouldn't be playing parker full stop. we're at home,we should have more of the ball and tryin to use it correctly. not running into dead ends or spinning round on the ball in the centre circle

:D

On a serious note, why is Parker playing the way he has been this season - I mean, Modric played the deep lying play maker role for the last few years and I don't recall Parker always getting in his way, been too far upfield all the time and generally giving the ball away, these are not his strengths - if anyone should be playing the side-ways, simple passes its Parker not Hudd/Holtby/Dembele/Dempsey et el? You can only assume that AVB is instructing him to get involved in the attacks.

• Advertisement

:D

On a serious note, why is Parker playing the way he has been this season - I mean, Modric played the deep lying play maker role for the last few years and I don't recall Parker always getting in his way, been too far upfield all the time and generally giving the ball away, these are not his strengths - if anyone should be playing the side-ways, simple passes its Parker not Hudd/Holtby/Dembele/Dempsey et el? You can only assume that AVB is instructing him to get involved in the attacks.
    surely avb is more tactically aware to know parker shouldn't be attacking or carrying the ball.he could play against the better teams who will keep the ball better and he can press and harry them but in a game we should be dominating id rather have a guy who's better on the ball then him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I dunno, half of me wants AVB to give the fringe players a go but on the other hand we have to win (just in case).
    I'd deffo start Tom Carroll, don't think he would have anything to fear going up against Sunderlands MF.

Lastly, we better not f***ing concede from another bloody corner. Its a joke at this stage!

:D you must be smoking the funny stuff are ye

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

SuprSi wrote: »

I think....they mentioned it in the arsenal forum that both them and us were being shown. It's the only game that has any bearing, so would make sense. No doubt Sky will have some silly billing for it?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    :D you must be smoking the funny stuff are ye

I did take a pretty nasty bump at training last night. Maybe I have a slight concussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

The last day against stoke , parker would pass it off and then just run towards the ball again and actually get in the way of the pass forward!

It was terrible stuff to see , more like schoolboy soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Lloris
    Walker Daws Verts Ekotto

Lennon Dembele Holtby Siggy

Bale
    Ade/Defoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Lemag wrote: »
    Lloris
    Walker Daws Verts Ekotto

Lennon Dembele Holtby Siggy

Bale
    Ade/Defoe

Dempsey is a banker to start after his exploits against stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Dempsey is a banker to start after his exploits against stoke.
    Siggy is more dynamic than Dempsey as is Holtby more so than Hud or Parker. I'd like to see us start with a fast tempo rather than a rushed effort towards the end after toiling for 80 or so minutes as has been the case lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

how many are going to the match.

About 36,230 ... give or take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

There is a gang of us going from Kerry anyway.

Stat posted in the arsenal thread says they have won their last 5 away games on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I've given up all hope at this stage,nothing ever goes our way,I'm resigned to the fact that Sunday is going to be a crap day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

anyone suggesting we give some fringe players a run out must be having a laugh, could you imagine if Arsenal didnt win but neither did we, there would be uproar!

Brad
    Naughton Caulker Vertoghen BAE
    Lennon Holtby Carroll Siggy
    Dempsey
    Defoe

Leave Bale and Dembele and Ade on the bench just in case we aren't winning with 10 mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Brad
    Dempsey
    Defoe

Leave Bale and Dembele and Ade on the bench just in case we aren't winning with 10 mins to go.

I don't think so play the best team possible and try make sure of the result. It would look well if the other result went our way and all we can manage is a draw with our best players on the bench.

Brad
    Dempsey
    Defoe
    e

that will be our 1st team next year

that will be our 1st team next year

For the Capital One cup.

irishmover wrote: »
    For the Capital One cup.

you think levy will buy a load of New players if we don't get champions league?

• Advertisement

you think levy will buy a load of New players if we don't get champions league?

He bought a load of new players last summer with no champions league. If I remember right he was very quiet the summer of the one time we actually had Champions League.

So to answer your question no I don't think he'll buy a load of players but some of those players won't be either at the club next season nor starting.

Advertisement