Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill Insurance

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

After getting a quote online from Chill Insurance and accepting it i paid a deposit. I got a phone call the following day saying sorry but the quote was wrong and it'll cost you an extra €1000ish and we need a much bigger deposit than you've paid before we can start insurance. After a lot of messing around they agreed to refund the deposit as the quote was ridiculously higher than others.

Now 10 days later i'm still waiting for refund and am being told well the process take 2/3 working days to agree a refund and then up to 10 working days for it to get to you because of the banks process. Does 2 weeks nearly 3 if you count in non working days sound right. I'm waiting on a call back from a supervisor now.

On a side note i'd never deal with Chill again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No, no refund form a POS to an Irish bank account takes more than 4 working days. Its just them delaying.
    Try telling them that you take their estimate of 2+ weeks for a refund as a refusal and you will have to pursue a chargeback through your own bank.

( chargebacks are a pain in the as for POS holders so they may reconsider)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Thanks wmppd i'm still waiting for the elusive callback and no money yet so i'll be calling them again this afternoon and threatening the chargeback. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

It gets better i've just been told it hasn't even been authorised by Chill yet despite being applied for last wednedsay and the amount of calls i've made and they don't know why and even if its authorised today we'll be into the 3rd week. :mad:

Advertisement