Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi connected/not connected iPhone5

• 15-05-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an iPhone 5, about a month old with Vodafone. When I go into my settings it shows my wifi is connected with a strong signal however on the main screen beside the Vodafone IE bar it still shows 3G. I have then gone into General Settings and turned off mobile data and the phone still can access the internet so I presume this is via Wifi, however no wifi icon appears beside the vodafone on the top of the screen.

It is real annoying as I dont know if I am connected to wifi or not. Have I turned off this notification somehow or does anyone have any ideas? I am fairly sure the wifi notification was appearing over the weekend when I was in a wifi zone.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Afaik it would be impossible to delete the wifi icon. Like you said it seems it connects to wifi. Sometimes I find it a bit slow changing the icon from 3G to wifi but it does appear.
    Wifi problems are often solved by giving the phone a reset -hold both power and home button until phone restarts- or try entering the wifi network manually instead of selecting it (settings-> wifi ->other, then enter the name and password of your wifi network).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Also check with someone else's wifi network. It could be a router issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Thanks guys reset my network settings and it worked again. Cheers for the help

Advertisement