Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Blackrock Local Area Plan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

That's all gobbledegook to me - is there a summary document anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It's good to see some thought being put into the seafront - see page 14 - http://www.dlrcoco.ie/media/media,9396,en.pdf

At the moment the only access to the sea is through an entirely uninviting concrete bridge which doesn't even give a view of the sea until you are on the far side. It's certainly not inviting to someone who doesn't know the area.

While they are at it, it would be great if they could do something about the lemming-like pedestrians who walk to and from the station across a road complete with cars, bikes and buses without even looking. From what I have seen of the plan the aim there is at least to segregate the vehicles & pedestrians.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2 guitarchord

Looks great and something to look forward to. Any indication of start/end dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Any idea what the funding situation is like with regard to actually implementing this?

I'd imagine the recent decision by the government to spend Local Property Tax funds centrally on Irish Water instead of allocating the funding to local government and services can't help the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think some of you are mistaking the function of local area plans. There isnt any public money to build this stuff, the LAP is just a framework of measures and the setting of limits and quality requirements for anyone developing within its area. Its effectively advance notice of what the Council will allow in any particular case so private investors can design within it.

E.G.

"PRD1
    It is an objective of the Council to ensure that all new development within
    the Draft Blackrock Local Area Plan area makes a positive contribution to
    the public realm. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

@Larbre34 that's useful to know, thanks

Advertisement