Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest bus route from town?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    All is based on if there's no strike
    My young kid LOVE the bus. So I’m going to get a bus from town and do a loop (out to destination and back to Eyre Square/town).

Can anyone tell me which route would be the quickest? I don’t want to be on the bus for 1 hour…
    Also are any more scenic than others; e.g. out to Salthill?
    Thanks,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check the maps on galwaytransport.info
    There's also a hop on/off bus I see sometimes but I have no info on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

biko wrote: »
    Check the maps on galwaytransport.info
    There's also a hop on/off bus I see sometimes but I have no info on that.

Thanks, think we'll go with the 401 to Salthill and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭asdfg!

My kids too. If they like the double decker, get the 409. Not so scenic though. The Salthill bus is probably best though.

But I'm planning to take them on the tour bus at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

401 - most scenic, and still operates as a loop so you can get away with doing it all on the one fare.

402 - Merlin Park - good if you want to go for a walk in the woods in the middle of two bus journeys.

404 - - good if you want to go for a walk in the university grounds or along the Corrib in the middle of two bus journeys.

409 - double deckers but not the most interesting route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Get the 401 to Salthill, get off at Blackrock for a look and get the next bus back. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

412 to Knocknacarra uses double deckers as well, never used it but probably a bit more interesting than the 409 if you want a double decker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Harps wrote: »
    412 to Knocknacarra uses double deckers as well, never used it but probably a bit more interesting than the 409 if you want a double decker

I didn't know there was a 412. There doesn't seem to be a timetable for it online. What route does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I didn't know there was a 412. There doesn't seem to be a timetable for it online. What route does it take?

It's a City Direct (red) bus. It runs from the Cappagh Rd roundabout along the Western Distributor and along the bus lane on Seamus Quirke down to the Brown roundabout. It then travels past the cathedral to Eyre Square.

Advertisement