Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenacious D - The Academy 17th Dec

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:52am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

17th December – The Academy Dublin
    Doors 7pm
    Tickets: €49.50 inclusive of booking fee

US comedy rockers Tenacious D announce that Christmas 2013 will see them play a special intimate date at The Academy, Dublin on December 17th. This won’t be Tenacious as you know them, the December 2013 tour will see the band play their stripped down acoustic set as a duo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

expensive, but acoustic gig in a tint venue might be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Ridiculous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

€50 .... GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I don't see why they're making out that seeing them as a "stripped-down" acoustic duo is anything special. That's what all their initial appearances were like, including shows here.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For 25e extra Im seeing them with Biffy, Deftones, Volbeat, SOAD....shocking its more pricey than o2 gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Agree it's expensive but we're definitely getting tickets on Friday, what a nice gig to have coming up just before Christmas and be great to be up close in The Academy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

This would be a great gig, being so small and everything. But €50 is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Whats the nearest tram from the Academy? + how far would it be to walk from there to the Busaras?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

eldest200 wrote: »
    Whats the nearest tram from the Academy? + how far would it be to walk from there to the Busaras?

5min walk to Busaras, avoiding the junkies may take ya up to 10 though

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Thanks for the info I may consider going its just getting there from the north (Ireland) ps would there still be enough time to go from the academy to the busaras after the gig to get the last bus at 2300?

• Advertisement

Love Tenacious D, as does the wench, but not paying 50quid plus fee's

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

eldest200 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info I may consider going its just getting there from the north (Ireland) ps would there still be enough time to go from the academy to the busaras after the gig to get the last bus at 2300?

Yes , you should be fine.. you can walk to busarus in ten mins.. and all gigs finish at 10.45..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek: WTF :mad: that is dear

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I'd love to go to this, but I just can't justify the 50 quid to see two guys with acoustic guitars. What would Bob Geldof say? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Does anyone know is this sold out?

I'd tried to get tickets this morning from ticketmaster and is saying it cant fins any tickets, but I would have thought it would have said it was sold out before I entered a captcha if it was sold out?

EDIT: Actually if you open the "section" drop down there is only one option and it is sold out... oh well

scudzilla wrote: »
    Love Tenacious D, as does the wench, but not paying 50quid plus fee's

i relented, was the wenches birthday, she loves The D, so she gots the tickets :D

So then.........what ya all doin tomorrow night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

That was incredible. JB nearly blew my ears out!

What an awesome gig last night, had no idea of the support band, it was a sasqautch, a one man band dressed as a yeti, and he was fcukin great!!

The D were on fire, 1hr 45mins of fun and magic, we were right on the barrier, got some great shots.

Merch was great, 35 for a hoodie and a limited (to 25) Dublin exclusive poster, signed by KG and JB for 25, will look class in a frame.

IMAG0545_zps8d08fd68.jpg

IMAG0553_zpsd46e6159.jpg

IMAG0557_zpsff6898db.jpg

IMAG0597_zps5c0a8e90.jpg

IMAG0599_zps2a0231b7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Great shots!!

Was a super funtastical gig - I know it was pricey, but worth it in the end :D:D

Now I just want Christmas to keep the happy going!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

Sasquatsh was Mike Bray really talented guy. Has worked with KG in The Kyle Gass Band

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

That Sasquatch played a mean bone/drum solo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fun show. the crowd was really into their older material more than their newer stuff as was expected, jack black hugged the dozen or so people who waited outside after the gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I loved it, I've been wanting to see the D Acoustic since listening to their Live at the Brixton Academy DVD, I still listen to the audio rip of it all the time. Its my third time (RDS the year pick of destiny came out and last year in the o2) to see them and by far the best in my opinion

I bought the tickets on ebay for €75 each (one for the GF too), probably didnt need to in the end, but sure you'll have that.

Bought the signed vinyl for €35 ... I don't even have a vinyl player.... trying to figure do I double down and get something to play it, or arrange it in a frame somehow.

I thought people were into all of it, but there was definitely people who were not familiar with Rize of the Phoenix.

Tickets €150, Vinyl €35, T-shirt for the Gf (cant believe she went for the FHG one) €25, Food and Diesel costs €60. Seeing possibly my most listened to band from row 2 acoustically...priceless!

Advertisement