Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackies restaurant

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm wondering what Jackies is like for a meal since it reopened, I did eat there a few times a couple of years ago and really liked it. I have some visitors coming next month and would like to bring them somewhere for dinner Sun evening. So I'd love to hear the good and the bad.. hopefully all good.....:)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Was there recently, I liked it, herself not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

mod9maple wrote: »
    Where is it?

Out the Dublin Rd, just past The Fairways on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Top notch the last few times I've been to it.

That was about 6/7 weeks ago and back in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 El Chucko

LCD wrote: »
    Was there recently, I liked it, herself not so much

Agree with both parts there

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

bnear wrote: »
    I'm wondering what Jackies is like for a meal since it reopened, I did eat there a few times a couple of years ago and really liked it. I have some visitors coming next month and would like to bring them somewhere for dinner Sun evening. So I'd love to hear the good and the bad.. hopefully all good.....:)

Ok so I went on Sunday night with 4 other people. We went with the 4 course for 25 euro. After ordering we were given bread and dips which were lovely, our waitress was very nice and friendly but the lady who delivered our food just plonked the plates on the table like she was glad to be rid of them. We were all very happy with our main course and 3 of us had desserts which were excellent.
    When I asked for tea and coffee I was told that our bread and dips were part of the 4 courses so we could'nt have tea or coffee unless we paid for it. This wasn't a big deal and as it was late we decided not to bother, I did think we should have been made aware of this when we were ordering but all in all we were impressed and I would recommend. I didn't bother saying anything cause as I said its not a big deal but just be aware of it if you like your cuppa after your meal.......
    Overall we thought the food was excellent and really good value..
    So thanks everyone for the input...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Your report just confirms what others have said and have made me decide not to bother trying it. Food may be good but if service and attitude are not right then half the value of the evening is lost. Bread and dips as a course is a bit much - especially if you did not order them.

It's a cheap meal but service needs improving by many accounts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Was there last week. Service was top notch. Food was really nice except for the pepper sauce with my steak. One dip and the rest of my meal tasted just of pepper - mouth was peppered off me - pointless. Supposed to be a nice compliment to the steak but it was completely over-powering.

Otherwise it was nice and tasty. Steak itself was tender and cooked how I asked. Chicken wings were super-tasty if not un-holdable for about 10 minutes due their temperature. And the desert was spot on.

Also - I liked the breads at the start. But I don't normally bother with tea/coffee so I was happy enough. They should defo offer a choice though for their own sakes. A coffee has to be cheaper than bread and dips.

I'd recommend it but would notch it down from excellent above like my first impression led me to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Myself and my girlfriend eat there about once a fortnight if not more. I have to say that i find the quality of the food excellent, and although the service isn't amazing its never been so bad that i would feel the need to complain about.

My only comment is that as a frequent customer i feel the menu needs updating. Im starting to get bored of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement