Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 7 regularly failing to charge

• 15-05-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced this weird problem? I've heard a few friends getting the same thing and we are a bit stumped.

So the Nexus will go flat with normal use. I then plug it into the wall charger supplied and it just doesn't charge. I tested a phone in the charger there last week and notice the phone won't charge either. Tried a few plugs, nothing.
    OK no big deal, the charger is nackered. I've a few Samsung wall plug chargers. however using these, again nothing happens. I've had this a good few times since getting my Nexus 7 on release day, it will at times simply just not take a charge.

Has anyone come accross this and got any ideas? I've had it in charging for 3-4 hours and nothing with working chargers. Could be a case the Samsungs don't have enough juice, but I use them to power Raspberry Pi's etc, I'd imagine it should suffice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I believe if you let the battery go flat flat, As in dead for days/weeks you will get charging issues

There are various methods to allow charge something to do with holding volume power switch etc. There are various threads on google about it.

Depleting the cells completely for extended periods of time seems to be the core problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

TheDoc wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced this weird problem? I've heard a few friends getting the same thing and we are a bit stumped.

So the Nexus will go flat with normal use. I then plug it into the wall charger supplied and it just doesn't charge. I tested a phone in the charger there last week and notice the phone won't charge either. Tried a few plugs, nothing.
    OK no big deal, the charger is nackered. I've a few Samsung wall plug chargers. however using these, again nothing happens. I've had this a good few times since getting my Nexus 7 on release day, it will at times simply just not take a charge.

Has anyone come accross this and got any ideas? I've had it in charging for 3-4 hours and nothing with working chargers. Could be a case the Samsungs don't have enough juice, but I use them to power Raspberry Pi's etc, I'd imagine it should suffice.

Yeah this happened to me once when I let it battery go dead.
    Charge it for a few hours. Hold the power button down for 30-60 seconds and it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well fixed.

So I plugged it in. Disconnected and then quickly reconnected and pushed power button for bout ten seconds.

Seemingly when you leave it flat for ages it trickle charges and you need to do the above.

My Nexus 7 is acting very weird now. I think it's hardware problem.

Most of the time it won't hold a charge and won't switch on. When I do manage to switch it on it just says "charging 0%" and then switches off. If I leave it for a few hours it switches on and works ok. As soon as I power it down, it thinks the battery is dead and won't switch on again.
    It's not rooted and I did manage to perform a factory reset but that didn't solve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

clean your usb port on your nexus , common issue

• Advertisement

projectgtr wrote: »
    clean your usb port on your nexus , common issue

Tried that but didn't work.
    I've brought it back to Currys for them to get it repaired or replaced.

Advertisement