Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Half Marathon - Enniscorthy May26th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Anyone doing this next Sunday? Wondering if there's many doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I am doing it. Was my first half marathon a few years ago and haven't been back since. Hilly enough but hopefully a little more experience will make that a lot easier this time round :)

When you say hills, are they serious ones or just a few ups and downs? Hoping there will be plenty of people in the 2.15 bracket! Don't know the area at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Well I'm not sure what you classify as serious hills. Like they're not quite Howth village but the start you run from the hotel down into the town and there's some noticable ups and downs from there and along the country roads. I believe this years course is pretty hilly up to 10km and supposedly it's ok from there.

Just don't think about it. When you're there you've no choice but to get on with it :)

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, good luck on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The Officer

I'd call it undulating, nothing too challenging. I've paced this a number of times in the past and it is a good one, course is fine and you are well looked after post race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

There is short but sharp hill around mile 10, just before the left turn back on to the N11. From there its just a long drag back into town.

If you leave a bit in the tank, you can pick off plenty of runners on those last 3 miles.

Going to miss it this year for the first time in years, (stupid Achilles) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭Grueller

Best of luck to all doing this today. Its gonna be warm out there.

Advertisement