Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroland and/or Roxy Photos

Options
  • 15-05-2013 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

If anyone here has photos of The Roxy or The Metroland and would be willing to share them, please let me know. I have a friend who is particularly eager to acquire them. While he would prefer to obtain internal or external photos of the buildings themselves, he would also welcome photos from any of the Can't Stop or Man Fridays events which were held in both venues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Ooh the memories :)
    Would love to see them also,
    There is a few youtube clips alright,
    Any I found were of the Djs tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I remember seeing the prodigy in the metroland many moons ago what a night that was its a pity you will never have nights like that in waterford again

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

I remember seeing the prodigy in the metroland many moons ago what a night that was its a pity you will never have nights like that in waterford again

New years day 1995, 4Th Dimension were supporting them. I threw my 99p Dunnes t-shirt up at the end of the night and got Liam and Leeroy's autograph. The glory was shot lived as my mother washed the t-shirt a couple of weeks later....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Metroland....USA '94.... great place to watch the matches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i have some of inside the roxy somewhere. i can see if i can scan them later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    i have some of inside the roxy somewhere. i can see if i can scan them later.

Cheers! I hope you'll locate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

mytime wrote: »
    New years day 1995, 4Th Dimension were supporting them. I threw my 99p Dunnes t-shirt up at the end of the night and got Liam and Leeroy's autograph. The glory was shot lived as my mother washed the t-shirt a couple of weeks later....

1995 thanks for making me feel really old now!,ah the 4th dimension i still have all there albums and singles on cd and i can remember seeing the nutter play in the boatclub :o

OP id love to see photos too but those were the days before camera phones they really were the good old days when you knocked at your mates door to ask if they were going into town to see carl cox in the metroland or jonnie and owie in the roxy,no texts no mobiles a few bob in your pocket and your out for 3 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Was it New Years day ? I remember Keith from the prodigy having a go off one of the bouncers for pulling some fella down from the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I will ask the sister in law herself and the husband used to own the roxy im sure

Many flyers for Roxy and Metroland events have appeared on facebook on a profile entitled "Manfridays Can'tstop".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

carl cox v atlantic ocean enjoyable madness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj4NC3FujGo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got one foot into the attic and retreated.

Advertisement