Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner and Cocktails

Options
  • 20-04-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I looking for a place in Dublin city centre that will do cocktails and dinner on the cheap? Any suggestions will be welcome

Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

mardurkin wrote: »
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I looking for a place in Dublin city centre that will do cocktails and dinner on the cheap? Any suggestions will be welcome

To be honest, for cocktails and good value, its hard to beat TGI's or Captain Americas. I know theyre not everyones cup of tea, but they exactly what they say on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Grand Central on O'Connell St does decent grub and does certain cocktails for a 5e.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Grand Central on O'Connell St does decent grub and does certain cocktails for a 5e.

I've never been there, is it nice? It's a Louis Fitzgerald pub isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah its a Louis Fitz pub, as is The Gin Palace on Abbey St and they basically have the same menu.

I used to eat in the GC quite a bit. Never had a problem with the grub. It was a tad pricey at one time but they've reduced it recently i noticed.
    They do a decent burger and chips for 10e which was great if you were going on the beer after work.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Yeah its a Louis Fitz pub, as is The Gin Palace on Abbey St and they basically have the same menu.

I used to eat in the GC quite a bit. Never had a problem with the grub. It was a tad pricey at one time but they've reduced it recently i noticed.
    They do a decent burger and chips for 10e which was great if you were going on the beer after work.

Interesting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Good cocktails generally don't come cheap. I haven't been but I have heard of McGettigans Steakhouse on Amiens St.

A new option is the Bison Bar on Wellington Quay. They have a small selection of €5 cocktails, and serve real American-style BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Not been here myself yet but have heard friends raving about it and planning on going in a fortnight for a friends birthday. Looks really reasonable and cocktails look amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/Green19Dublin

Advertisement