Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie BBQ

Options
  • 05-05-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Aussie BBQ is a decent spot lads. Cheap too. Not really a restaurant tbh, more of a diner/takeaway but there is a section with seats etc. Grand if you want to just go for a nice bite to eat and not have to worry about being dressed up or paying too much.

It's on South Richmond St I think, but here's the website... http://aussiebbq.ie/

EDIT: Eek, meant to quote two posts. Post No. 13 and 18 in this thread! Apologies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Aussie BBQ is a decent spot lads. Cheap too. Not really a restaurant tbh, more of a diner/takeaway but there is a section with seats etc. Grand if you want to just go for a nice bite to eat and not have to worry about being dressed up or paying too much.

It's on South Richmond St I think, but here's the website... http://aussiebbq.ie/

EDIT: Eek, meant to quote two posts. Post No. 13 and 18 in this thread! Apologies!

This guy knows his food and doesn't rate it at all, have heard a few other bad reviews as well but never tried it. Love the idea of the restaurant.
    http://lovindublin.com/cafe-2/spitroasted-down-under-aussie-bbq-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This guy knows his food and doesn't rate it at all, have heard a few other bad reviews as well but never tried it. Love the idea of the restaurant.
    http://lovindublin.com/cafe-2/spitroasted-down-under-aussie-bbq-dublin/

First bad review I've seen from the place.
    It sounds like he was walking into it expecting a top notch place, that's not what it's about though. It's a BBQ, it's a burger place and it's a good one.

The one thing I've found about it though is when it gets busy, the quality does drop but not even touching on what he's suggesting, we'd be at heads over this, me being quite a seasoned foodie myself.
    I never (or at least rarely) read reviews (especially amatures) as the reviewers are generally full of **** and trying to up sell their "knowledge" of the product, this is a prime example of it.

Try it yourself anyway, at a less busy time if you can.
    I've never had anything over cooked (over cooked steak with juices that read?) or soggy from them. :)

EDIT: I've been to Australia and I do agree that this isn't a be all and end all of Aussie cuisine but by god do they love a good BBQ. My family over there and a lot of their friends told us that during the summer they rarely cook inside. That was in The Blue Mountains though, I'd imagine it's different in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

CianRyan wrote: »
    It sounds like he was walking into it expecting a top notch place, that's not what it's about though. It's a BBQ, it's a burger place and it's a good one.

The one thing I've found about it though is when it gets busy, the quality does drop but not even touching on what he's suggesting, we'd be at heads over this, me being quite a seasoned foodie myself.
    I never (or at least rarely) read reviews (especially amatures) as the reviewers are generally full of **** and trying to up sell their "knowledge" of the product, this is a prime example of it.

Try it yourself anyway, at a less busy time if you can.
    I've never had anything over cooked (over cooked steak with juices that read?) or soggy from them. :)

EDIT: I've been to Australia and I do agree that this isn't a be all and end all of Aussie cuisine but by god do they love a good BBQ. My family over there and a lot of their friends told us that during the summer they rarely cook inside. That was in The Blue Mountains though, I'd imagine it's different in the city.

I understand its only his opinion, two of the three reviews he linked at the end including the Irish Times where not great either and having read his reviews of other eateries I do tend to agree with him on a lot of places he looked at. Regularly I would have eaten there before he reviewed so I had my my opinion already formed.

It's author is Niall Harbison of Simply Zestly but previous worked with Conrad Gallagher and then on some ship for a Microsoft founder as a head chef. Anyway I might try it sometime and let you know what I think. I wouldn't consider myself anyway a foodie by the way just a hungry punter who when spending my few bob wants to taste nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

CianRyan wrote: »

I wasn't incredibly wowed by the place. The Irish Times also reviewed it a while back and their opinion pretty much matched that on LovinDublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement