Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent places to eat in the Ballymun, Finglas and Glasnevin areas

Options
  • 07-05-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for suggestions of decent places to eat in the Ballymun, Finglas and Glasnevin areas. Not fussy about the type of eatery...we are open to all suggestions, be it a pub, a sit down restaurant, or a coffee shop that serves food.

Not a big fan of carverys.

Don't want to go any closer to town than Glasnevin Cemetery. Want to avoid Phibsboro & Drumcondra due to traffic congestion.

Already know about The Tolka House, Andersons, Addison Lodge, The Botanic Gardens, The Autobahn and IKEA.

On site parking is a must, as I will have an elderly lady with me on most days, who can not walk far.

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Looking for suggestions of decent places to eat in the Ballymun, Finglas and Glasnevin areas. Not fussy about the type of eatery...we are open to all suggestions, be it a pub, a sit down restaurant, or a coffee shop that serves food.

Don't want to go any closer to town than Glasnevin Cemetery. Want to avoid Phibsboro & Drumcondra due to traffic congestion.

Already know about The Tolka House, Andersons, Addison Lodge, The Botanic Gardens, The Autobahn and IKEA.

On site parking is a must, as I will have an elderly lady with me on most days, who can not walk far.

Ta.

The Ardmore Hotel in Finglas, there's a chinese in Finglas Village above The Bottom Of The Hill. A chinese in Lanesborough above a Spar (both have stairs), Marcolini's beside the Bottom of The Hill but it's basically sit in chipper, Carmines in the village in Finglas beside Lino Ritchie, Food Fare across from Superquinn in Finglas Village, De Nero's above Xtravision in Finglas. There's a little cafe beside the post office in Finglas Village. Eddie Rockets in Charlestown, McDonalds & KFC in Charlestown, O'Brien's Sandwich in Charlestown.

That's all I can think of...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks January. Am looking for something a notch above Chinese eateries, chippers, sandwich shops and fast food outlets.

I'm not that picky myself, but the ladies I'll be ferrying around (your classic meat and 2 veg, Irish Mammy types) are. :rolleyes:

What are Carmines and de Nero's? Are they proper, dine in Italian restaurants, or pizza places? Do they have on site parking? Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

De Nero's is an Italian, carmines is more a greasy spoon. De Nero's doesn't have onsite parking but there's lots of on street parking and a carpark across the road.

The Washer Woman's Hill in Glasnevin would be good too.

You said you weren't fussy and wanted all suggestions though :p , you got them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Plaza Hotel in Santry could be ideal for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ta.

Andersons on the rise in Glasnevin is lovely. Also, the cafe in the museum at Glasnevin cemetary has a really nice menu at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Ta.

Vagya
    is a Nepalese over the Sunnybank. Please don't let the location put you off. It is absolutely fantastic. The food is amazing and the staff is lovely. It's not just me who thinks its great, here is a review from the Irish Times - http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/restaurant/spicing-things-up-in-d9-1.536648?page=1#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

gmf1024 wrote: »

Vagya
    is a Nepalese over the Sunnybank. Please don't let the location put you off. It is absolutely fantastic. The food is amazing and the staff is lovely. It's not just me who thinks its great, here is a review from the Irish Times - http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/restaurant/spicing-things-up-in-d9-1.536648?page=1#

It's the name that would put me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

It wouldn't be most people's choice I know. According to their website it means "luck" and they go on to explain why they chose it. Don't let the name put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I had a Take away from their it was vile. So vile I brought it back the next day for a refund, the manager was trying to say it was excellent food and I just said do you think I would go to the trouble off bringing this food back if it was good.
    He gave me my money back in the end.

I ordered 2 very different dishes and they tasted the exact same. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

January wrote: »
    De Nero's is an Italian, carmines is more a greasy spoon. De Nero's doesn't have onsite parking but there's lots of on street parking and a carpark across the road.

The Washer Woman's Hill in Glasnevin would be good too.

You said you weren't fussy and wanted all suggestions though :p , you got them!

That's true, but I kinda presumed that my using the word "decent" in my original question, would have been a big enough clue that I was looking for suggestions of restaurants/pubs that serve real food, and not fast food eateries and chippers. ;) I'll be clearer in future. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement