Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Early Bird City Center

Options
  • 09-05-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hey

Im bringing my sister out for a meal tonight since she finished her exams. I've been to Pichet, Town bar & girl, Fade Street and Seagrass and im looking for somewhere new.

Any cuisine would do. Just need somewhere with a nice room that isn't over €25 per person.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

<Mod snip>
    Hi OP.

There are many great places in the city centre now. a few suggestions..

crackbird or skinflint for something a little different and cheap.

the vintage kitchen poolbeg street - bring your own beer too!

777 Mexican- great atmosphere and food
    damson diner, alfies, coppinger row, fade street social, porthouse -south William st area.

brand new tapas place next to against the grain on wexford street.

the bridge bar and grill and ely gastropub in grand canal docks

paulies pizza, juniors or farmer browns in beggars bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

So me and my sister ended up in "the cedar tree". Booked after online reviews and some personal recommendations.

Table was booked for 6.30 on a Thurs. The resto wasn't overly busy. Not empty and not rammed full. We got a very nice table in the back which seemed quite enough.

We both got the early bird which is great value at €18 for 3 courses. My sister got the Arrayess (Lamb, Parsley & Onion In Pitta) Charcoaled. We swapped dishes and id say it was a tad dry with not enough filling. I got the Falfel With Tahini Sauce & Salad. This should be their bread and butter and it was. Lovely crunchy crispy falfel balls with a great salad. The sauce was creamy and minty, exactly whta you need for that dish.

For mains i got the Maghmour (Aubergine & Chickpeas Casserole), Served With Rice. It was simple and tasty. It was a good feed. Nothing to knock your socks off. My sister got the Kibbe Saynieh (Oven Baked Lamb), Served With Salad & Cucumber Yoghurt. By far the worst dish of the night. 4 minced lamb cubes served with some dip and salad. Overcooked, dry, bland and not what i expected.

Dessert was vanilla ice cream or baklava. We were both so full we both goth the ice cream.Nice home made vanilla ice-cream. Couldn't fault it

Wine List is OK. The Sisiter wasn't drinking so drank 2 glasses of the house red. No complaints on the measure and it was drinkable. Bottles wise it looked pricey to me but im not a big wine buff.

Star of the show was the mint tea. I have memories of drinking turkish tea in Koln and this is as good as you are going to get in Ireland. Minty, Herby, Hyper-strong, served in shot glasses. I love it

Overall great value for money. €50 for two early birds, Two glass house wines and two teas. Service was impeccable. Yeah its got its faults but the pros outweigh the cons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement