Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capel Street Restaurants

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    As for Brother Hubbard.......I do like the food, but I find the staff a bit up their own h*les.....I always seem to be rushed along there.....

There's one person in brother Hubbard I find a bit...abrupt. Like someone who really shouldn't be working in a busy cafe and doesn't get that niceness is as important as efficiency. The rest I've always found insanely friendly & nice (genuinely mad nice, "would you like a glass of water while you wait for your coffee" nice). I do tend to just get coffee & buns to go because its so busy the whole time & I don't love that feeling that dozens of people are waiting for my table so maybe I've just been lucky with smiley, buzzy counter people

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

mojesius wrote: »
    I live on capel street and i am addicted to musashi. Their sushi is always delicious.

The food in the black sheep is great. Lovely quesidillas and burgers. They do a great value lunch menu too.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Fusciardis yet! Best chipper around :)

Hilan is yum. There is another Chinese (Sichuan) restaurant right across the road from it that is just as tasty. It's right beside King. not too sure of the name (Chinese) but the sign in black with red writing. I regularly get take out an
    d eat in that place and the food is perfect every time.

One thing we are missing here is a place with really decent brunch menu that serves bloody Marys.

There's also a new Vietnamese place that looks like a bubbles tea shop but it serves a few dishes. It's always busy but I have yet to try it.

Do you know what the former king 7 bar Is now?

I believe it had closed early in the year but not sure if anyone has taken over.

great list of places to try there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

liffeylite wrote: »

I believe it had closed early in the year but not sure if anyone has taken over.

great list of places to try there! :)

Is that the one next to Centra?

There is a bar there now and they don't seem to have changed the sign above the door as it still says King but looking at their facebook page that hasn't been active for a while and their website seems to have gone.

I have a shop on Capel St so have tried a few of the places along the street. Brother Hubbard is great, Black Sheep is brilliant I love the food there and the drink selection is superb I use to live in Galway and although I don't think its as good as their locations there its still top class. I went to Aobaba the other day and got Chicken Chow mein for like €6 and that was pretty dam tasty too am going to try them again. A bit past the Black Sheep is Johns chipper and he does a fine bag of chips after a pint and stays open until 4am or something mad like that. I keep on meaning to try some of the Asian restaurants but I know if I do I will end up having it every day so I am trying to avoid going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cheers for all the info everybody. :)

• Advertisement

liffeylite wrote: »

Checked it on my way home still says King 7 bar and is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 manciuria

Soup Dragon in Capel Street, BEST soup ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

+1 on Musashi, the food is always superb, but the service can be hit or miss.

Advertisement