Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa's to Canada

Options
  • 15-05-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am 35 years old and will turn 36 in just a few months.
    I am interested in moving to Canada, Can I still get a Visa?
    I will be over 35 by the time I would be going.
    I have a degree in Human Resources what are my chances of finding work
    out there with this?
    I am a bit worried on account of me not being from there it could be hard to get a job in this?

I would be glad of any help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steffie94

I know the age limit to working visas is 35...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

you might be able to apply as a skilled worker, as long as you have plently of experience in HR, they might take you on..

there are plently of site out there that will apply for you, but will charge huge amounts for it.

We're applying at the moment too, but for a working holiday to start with, then see about sponsorship.. fingerscrossed!

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jennifer35

Thanks

I am thinking of heading to Calgary. Do u know is there any websites for this area?

Best of luck with your move

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Steffie94 wrote: »

We're applying at the moment too, but for a working holiday to start with, then see about sponsorship.. fingerscrossed!

Hi Steffie94. Do you have any idea how easy/tough it is to go from IEC to PR? HAve you heard of anybody who has done this? I am interested in this, I spent a year on IEC in 2011 on my own, but plan to go back out next year. I plan to bring my partner and daughter with me, and as far as I can see my best bet is IEC and then hopefully sponsorship or PR. As far as I can see though, my job is not on skills list so not sure how that's going to fare for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭megan2013

jennifer35 wrote: »
    I am 35 years old and will turn 36 in just a few months.
    I am interested in moving to Canada, Can I still get a Visa?
    I will be over 35 by the time I would be going.
    I have a degree in Human Resources what are my chances of finding work
    out there with this?
    I am a bit worried on account of me not being from there it could be hard to get a job in this?

I would be glad of any help

Thanks

We are looking into leaving for Canada as well and are over 35. Did you get sorted at the end? What type of visa did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

would also like to see what visa you got in the end as am over 36 and interested in going too

• Advertisement
Advertisement