Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placed on a reserve list

Options
  • 15-05-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've been placed on a reserve list for DCU's Physical Education and Biology. I'm gutted that i didnt get an actual offer but they obviously saw something in be as it is one of the most competitive courses for mature students. Although I'm 100% certain that the dream is over for now has anyone ever had any luck after being placed on this list? I'm in the middle of exams for my current course in NUI maynooth and they're pretty much a right off because Ive put so much into this interview and haven't been able to focus on them at all to be honest. In limbo now and have no idea what my next move is gonna be :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Look at it positively! One, your application wasn't totally rubbished, just someone else pipped you to the post.

Another mature student in my class was first on the reserve list. Mature students are, more likely to reject the offer - change of mind, accept another course, so you never know.

If you don't get a place this year, I would contact the college and ask what would make your application stronger next year and apply again. If you want something enough, you'll get it! (This is from experience! Accepted 2nd time round, finishing college for good on Friday :D )

Advertisement