Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas reconnection Fee

Options
  • 15-05-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have just moved back to Ireland after 4 years abroad and I have moved BACK into my property this morning (which was previously rented). My tenant obviously did not pay his bills with you because first thing this morning somebody arrived to 'lock' the gas. 

This man (I have his initials from the locking letter) advised me that this is the SIMPLEST way for us to switch our account over. By locking it, although we will be without gas a few days it will close our tenants account. We can simply call up electric ireland (who issued the locking order) and open an account with you. He advised there will be NO cost associated with this so we agreed.

I have since called you.
    You set up my electricity account (ac: 902844579) and the only reason why I went with you guys was due to simplicity....however, it wasn't until after that another gentlemen spoke to me and told me - 

'you cannot currently reconnect me because the system doesn't show it has been locked. Call back in 2 days. There will be a €70.08 fee'.

This is disgraceful - so you tricked me by saying there would be no fee - then when I call up you sign up to your electricity contract only to tell me at the end of that that you wouldn't be able to set up my gas yet and when you do it will be 70euro!

Can you please please help. All i want is my new gas an electricity account set up  and running on direct debit with no hidden fees.

My tenant has already caused in excess of 15,000euro of damage to my property and I cannot afford to pay for any more of his fees.

Comments

• Talk-To PM Accounts Posts: 16 Electric Ireland Reps

Hi Pmb,

Sorry to hear about the damage to your property.
    pmb wrote:
    you tricked me by saying there would be no fee - then when I call up you sign up to your electricity contract only to tell me at the end of that that you wouldn't be able to set up my gas yet and when you do it will be 70euro!

Bord Gais Networks are the company in charge of maintaining the gas meter boxes and also carrying out any service orders such as disconnections/ reconnections. We regret if you were incorrectly informed that a reconnection would be free of charge; the fee for this (€72.33 incl. VAT) would be applied to your first bill and would need to be agreed to before we can arrange for a technician to call out.
    pmb wrote:
    Can you please please help. All i want is my new gas an electricity account set up and running on direct debit with no hidden fees.

If you can PM us your account details (including your full name, address and contact number), we will do our best to help you resolve your issue.

Also, for your own account security, please remove your Electric Ireland account number from the above post.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement