Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Pro, dropped to £37.99/€45.01 on Amazon UKs Lightening deals - ends at 7pm

• 15-05-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

On Amazon Lightening deals for £37.99

About the lowest price your likely to get it at, since the discounted early-release price last year.

This is the Upgrade Edition
    - I installed this on a few PCs in the last few months and even though it says you need an older version of windows installed, you don't really - You can install it on a fresh blank empty HDD if you want.[

If anyone's concerned about the hideous "Metro" interface, you needn't worry. A quick install of Classic Shell will have your regular desktop and start button back to it's usual self :)

41RKQ-6qKVL._AA160_.jpg

Incidentaly - if you spend more than £30/€35.48 they have a promotion going for Norton 360 2013 ( 1 User, 3 PCs + 1 Year Subscription). You can get it discounted to £24.99/€29.55(usual price £33.90/€40.09) if you enter the code NRTN2013 in the check out. Details here. Not a massive saving(and I wouldn't use Norton if you paid me :) ) but there if need it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Xzen wrote: »
    On Amazon Lightening deals for £37.99

About the lowest price your likely to get it at, since the discounted early-release price last year.

This is the Upgrade Edition
    - I installed this on a few PCs in the last few months and even though it says you need an older version of windows installed, you don't really - You can install it on a fresh blank empty HDD if you want.[

If anyone's concerned about the hideous "Metro" interface, you needn't worry. A quick install of Classic Shell will have your regular desktop and start button back to it's usual self :)

41RKQ-6qKVL._AA160_.jpg

Incidentaly - if you spend more than £30/€35.48 they have a promotion going for Norton 360 2013 ( 1 User, 3 PCs + 1 Year Subscription). You can get it discounted to £24.99/€29.55(usual price £33.90/€40.09) if you enter the code NRTN2013 in the check out. Details here. Not a massive saving(and I wouldn't use Norton if you paid me :) ) but there if need it.

Price showing as £49.99 for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Weird I'm definetly seeing £37.99 ... unless my eyes deceive me :)

gfcW.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Very tempting with 8.1 coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Very tempting with 8.1 coming out.

And 8.1 is a free upgrade?

Ah, it's not the 64bit edition. I knew there was a catch. The 64bit version is over £100.

Ah, it's not the 64bit edition. I knew there was a catch. The 64bit version is over £100.

It's both 64 and 32bit - there are no more separate licences since 8.

Yep, 8.1 is rumoured to be here around Autumn - and for free :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

The upgrade will be free. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/microsoft-confirms-windows-blue-8-1-as-a-free-upgrade-coming-later-in-2013

Where do you see it's 32gb only? Surely both are supported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Product Description
    Microsoft WIN PRO 8 3264BIT VUP VERSION UPGRADE 3UR00006 Software Operating Systems
    It's the 3264BIT version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Where do you see it's 32gb only? Surely both are supported.

In other listings on Amazon there is W8 32bit and 64bit only OEM versions. So I assume that if it says nothing its 32bit only. Which is odd as the version of 7 I got had 32 and 64 versions on two CDs but it was the full version and not an upgrade. I'm doubting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Word of warning - an upgrade key I purchased not too long ago would not validate on a new system for me with a specific error stating it was an upgrade key only and prompting me to buy a full license.

In other listings on Amazon there is W8 32bit and 64bit only OEM versions. So I assume that if it says nothing its 32bit only. Which is odd as the version of 7 I got had 32 and 64 versions on two CDs but it was the full version and not an upgrade. I'm doubting this.

There's a quick way around that with an easy regedit change. I found a handy clean install guide here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Xzen wrote: »
    There's a quick way around that with an easy regedit change. I found a handy clean install guide here

Doesn't work anymore. Or didn't about 3 weeks ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

can I upgrade windows 8 home to this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Its not showing on iphone mobile browser. Showing on the laptoP!

Advertisement