Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband down for 8 days, still charged for full month

• 15-05-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Recently my broadband provider had a fault on their side and my broadband was down for 8 days.
    However, they still charged me for the full month (by direct debit).
    I was expecting some kind of a discount for the month given that the service was down for 8 days.
    I have email them but alas I have heard nothing and I don’t expect too :(

Is it unreasonable for me to expect a discount for the month given the disruption?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Who is the ISP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'm with eircom. BB down mid Jan to end Feb - phoned them and received a credit. Subsequently had a phoned apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ced100

cunnijo wrote: »
    Who is the ISP?

Its a small wireless provider based in county limerick that services rural areas that the big boys cant, I dont want to name and shame just yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you considered ringing them and asking for a credit? They wouldn't proactively refund you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ced100 wrote: »
    Its a small wireless provider based in county limerick that services rural areas that the big boys cant, I dont want to name and shame just yet!!

Did they not advise you in advance of presenting the dd of the amount you would be charged? You are entitled to a minimum of 14 days notice unless otherwise agreed.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/secti.on/YourRightsasaPayer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Call rather then e-mail the provider as e-mails are so much easier to ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You could end up with a snotty email saying the service is provided as is, and technical faults are to be expected.

Probably better off ringing them

Advertisement