Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats v Abigales Party

Options
  • 15-05-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to take my friend to a show later in the year. Of the two above which one can people recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

I never thought I'd see Cats & Abigail's Party mentioned in the same sentence :)

It's a bit like asking would you go to Momma Mia or a Beckett play, it depends what you like.

Abigail's Party is a tragi-comedy with an unhappy marriage at the heart of the play.
    So there's 2 couples & Sue, all neighbours, whose daughter Abigail is having a party a few houses away (off-off stage)
    I don't know anything about Cats, apart from the fact that it's a big musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey there I've seen both - and no need to talk about Abigail's party as described perfectly above by previous poster:) but if taking your friend to a show then go to Cats - the costumes, characters, music - you will really enjoy it - and Abigail's Party will tour around time and again - but Cats won't be doing the rounds. We all need a bit of colour in our lives these days - Cats is the winner!!! :D

Advertisement