Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Capers

Options
  • 15-05-2013 3:56pm

Panic for dinner tonight, have everything else. Asked in a few shops and no one knew what they where.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I literally just bought Don Carlos capers in Tesco. In the aisle with olive oil etc.
    Our local Supervalu have them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Look for olives in any of the big supermarkets and they will be next to them

• Registered Users Posts: 30 breen_og

Just to note in the future, as I'm probably to late. La Rousse foods are based out in Park West. They do retail now as well, so a tin of capers of them if memory serves is not far off the price of 2 small jars in the supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Every now and then - usually at Christmas - Magill's in Drury Street, Dublin has litre-sized jars of really good capers in wine vinegar. Grab them if you see them, and if you're in Magill's ask if they have any in the back room. They're really good value and keep for ages.
    I use capers in fish pie, but they're also lovely with fine-sliced shallots or onions in olive oil with avocados. And they're very nice in salad.

Advertisement