Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speechless beyond belief

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think this is the worse bit:
    Potter won in Vinton County Court, but an appeals court ruled last year that the statute of limitations of four years had passed on the accusation of fraud and thus the deed could not be handed back to Potter.

She's not just kicking him out, she's literally stolen the house from under him and he can't get her done for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People who are capable of showing that much disdain to not only their parent, but their 91 year parent, are capable of doing anything.

Lock her up for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

What a scumbag thing to do :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

@ 2ND post. Totally agree :mad:

Disheartening too see what is suppose too be family act worse then an enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

To be honest I'm not all that surprised.
    To a lot of people, family means sweet feck all once they get the smell of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Genuinely shocked that people can be this callous but I have seen a much less extreme case of people unfairly wanting and obtaining money from their family in my own family. It's heart breaking and can tear a family apart. I hope somehow the court can rule against the cruel daughter and she gets nothing. Doubt that will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I know the statute of limitations had run out but surely she can't be allowed to keep something which she transferred to herself illegally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

That is so unbelievably sad! WTF is wrong with some people.

I think this is the worse bit:

She's not just kicking him out, she's literally stolen the house from under him and he can't get her done for it.

From Wiki (yeah yeah I know) but

The statute of limitations may begin either when the harmful event such as fraud or injury, occurs or when it is discovered. The Supreme Court of the United States has described the "standard rule" as to when the time begins to be "when the plaintiff has a complete and present cause of action", which it describes as being in place since the 1830s

Am I missing something or has the appeals judge screwed his ruling up?

The link says he found out in 2010 and changed power of attorney to his grand daughter. He sued his daughter and won last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not really shocked.

Some people are just cunts, simple as. Thankfully though she doesn't seem to have managed to pass her cuntishness onto her daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I lost a parking space on a similar ruling. Won the case that we owned the space but as the developer had sold the space years earlier we lost on appeal.

It was only when the new owners of the office block,that shared parking entrance, started telling the residents they owned the spaces.

I was more annoyed by the lawyer and barrister telling us we would win as they knew that we wouldn't keep the spaces as we would lose on appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I lost a parking space on a similar ruling. Won the case that we owned the space but as the developer had sold the space years earlier we lost on appeal.

It was only when the new owners of the office block,that shared parking entrance, started telling the residents they owned the spaces.

I was more annoyed by the lawyer and barrister telling us we would win as they knew that we wouldn't keep the spaces as we would lose on appeal.

Totally similar case alright. :pac:

• What is he going to do with the 125k they are looking to raise? Buy his own house from his daughter? Seems like a scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Who gets the house when he kicks the bucket in a few years?

The grand daughter. The cute hoor.

What is he going to do with the 125k they are looking to raise? Buy his own house from his daughter? Seems like a scam

Scam has already taken place! The daughter robbed the fathers house now she looking to kick him out.

My phone won't let me open the link. Would someone mind giving a brief history to this story please?

My phone won't let me open the link. Would someone mind giving a brief history to this story please?

Greedy hoor of a daughter was given power of attorney over fathers estate she transferred his house to herself and is now looking to kick him out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I know a lass in my town here who did the very same to her father. She is a complete nutter in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Seems the 125K goal has been reached here for the details .... Now what chances that the price goes up ??? Evil malicious piece of work that daughter of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Perhaps there is more to this story than is being reported

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

user2011 wrote: »
    @ 2ND post. Totally agree :mad:

Disheartening too see what is suppose too be family act worse then an enemy.

Oh quote the post for gods sake. This is not bleeding @twitter. :)

Sod buying it back; I wouldn't give her a penny. If I were him I'd have burned the place to the f_ing ground. Let the bitch have a pile of cold ashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Seriously, I would rather burn the house to the ground and be without a place myself than let that cúnt get it.

One a completely unrelated note. Anyone have a faulty hair straighteners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

kylith wrote: »
    Sod buying it back; I wouldn't give her a penny. If I were him I'd have burned the place to the f_ing ground. Let the bitch have a pile of cold ashes.

Is he going to live on a pile of cold ashes?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Totally similar case alright. :pac:

It is very similar because the sale was deemed illegal but we still lost ownership due to time passing. That is exactly what happen to the man here.

Is he going to live on a pile of cold ashes?

It doesn't really matter to him, does it? He's being evicted anyway.

ETA: and now he can take his donated money and buy a better house; with blackjack, and hookers.

Altreab wrote: »
    Seems the 125K goal has been reached here for the details .... Now what chances that the price goes up ??? Evil malicious piece of work that daughter of his.

That's some going it was $43,000 when I first read the story.

Well done the doners. The b!tch gets the money but most importantly he gets too stay in the house.

user2011 wrote: »
    That's some going it was $43,000 when I first read the story.

Well done the doners. The b!tch gets the money but most importantly he gets too stay in the house.

You never know what happened in their relationship. If he had abused her as a child would you suddenly change your view?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

The only thing I can see as being a somewhat reasonable excuse is if the father needs home care and the family cannot afford it as it is expensive and the only way to get him out of the house and into a home is through eviction as he is digging his heels.

If my father was a danger to himself and needed care you might not have the time to do it so a home might be the only option.

• Advertisement

You never know what happened in their relationship. If he had abused her as a child would you suddenly change your view?

That shouldn't be something you take into account unless it's explicitly stated somewhere. Dangerous words to be throwing around and there's been no reason to speculate that this is anything other than what we have read so far.

NothingMan wrote: »
    That shouldn't be something you take into account unless it's explicitly stated somewhere. Dangerous words to be throwing around and there's been no reason to speculate that this is anything other than what we have read so far.

The point is you have no idea if this elderly man is/was nice. If your child treats you like that I would suspect you weren't very nice to them or good at raising them. There will be exceptions but we have no idea what he was like as a father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Any chance the three of them are all in on a scam to raise the $$$ on gofundme?

The point is you have no idea if this elderly man is/was nice. If your child treats you like that I would suspect you weren't very nice to them or good at raising them. There will be exceptions but we have no idea what he was like as a father.

So it's better too think he is an abuser or something and the daughter is happy for her daughter too be around such an awfully bad man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It is very similar because the sale was deemed illegal but we still lost ownership due to time passing. That is exactly what happen to the man here.

Or it's not very similar because one is someone having their house taken from them and one is a carparking space.

But at no point have allegations of abuse being put forward and to put it out there is pointless in this thread and dangerous in the real world. Once someone is even barely accused of something like that it's impossible to shake even if completely innocent. It shouldn't be something that's bandied around with 'what if's' and 'but how do we know he didnt's'.

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    One a completely unrelated note. Anyone have a faulty hair straighteners?

I do, GHDs. Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

What he was/is like as a father means nothing in this argument. It is HIS house. HE built it. HE was living there. SHE stole it. She just seems like a nasty piece of work to be honest.

I do, GHDs. Why?

Is it faulty? We can't make the fire look like an accident otherwise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I should stop reading these threads. They really make my blood boil.

Now I need to visit youtube for some "Faith in humanity restored" videos... ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Noxin wrote: »

Surely the fact that people have come to this mans aid to buy his house for him should restore your faith in humanity.

On one hand you have a spiteful cow that steals a house from an old man, on the other you have hundreds (possibly thousands) of people who give money to help an old man keep his house.

Why would the one persons actions colour your opinion of an entire species over the actions of many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If I were you I'd be more concerned that you were apparently living in a parking space.

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »

Here's videos of the man himself with his grand daughter

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW5NmDGnBaB01Eu-e5KaNzw/videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Surely the fact that people have come to this mans aid to buy his house for him should restore your faith in humanity.

On one hand you have a spiteful cow that steals a house from an old man, on the other you have hundreds (possibly thousands) of people who give money to help an old man keep his house.

Why would the one persons actions colour your opinion of an entire species over the actions of many?

Agreed the reaction from the general public is great.
    But it still baffles me how someone can do this to their own father in the first place. :confused:
    Also I wouldn't put it down to the actions of one person. Lets face it, how often do you hear about similar cases? (current incident in Donegal) although its mother / brothers suing the daughter in this case and it seems to be just for kicks.

Advertisement